.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

 

More Thanksgiving

Listen to this article Listen to this article

OK, since in a mood for thanksgiving, why not more thanksgiving. Anyway, I thank God for:
  1. A Smooth Day 1 @ Work: I kind of dread going back to work today because I am kind of worried how much work I need to follow-up with; am worried it is going to be a hectic and stressful day. True enough, I was greeted with more than a hundred new emails but thank God that not only did I managed to clear all the emails, do the necessary follow-up, handle volunteer calls and even cleared the mess and piles of paper on my table... really amazed how much was done and it didn't even feel hectic or stressful at all.

  2. Fellowship with Volunteers - I thank God for a wonderful and interesting fellowship with my volunteers last Sunday. They had decided to have a picnic at Lower Pierce Reservoir and had invited me along. Firstly, I was great being invited by my volunteers to their fellowship (although I must admit I haven't really been catching up with them and going down to the centre to meet up with them, which made me feel a little guilty). Secondly, it was great fellowshipping with this group of passionate volunteers and thirdly, the whole fellowship was just filled with funny moments e.g.

    (a) Criminal Act @ our Picnic: how an ant beat us to the picnic; the moment we sat down, a big black ant came and made away with a crumb from the "shio bao", even before we started to dig into the food. It was kind of comical seeing the ant trying to make its way back while struggling to keep its balance with the big crumb.(b) Stalked: how we were later stalked by some monkeys who seemed to be very interested in our food; pretty soon, we packed up and went in search for another spot for our private picnic

    (c) Being Nomadic Again: how after eventually settling down near a pavilion, we saw the monkey strike another family's picnic and stole their KFC (wonder if the monkey took the crispy or the original one :D) and how we had to again pack up and leave when it started to drizzle

    (d) Eventually Settled Down: how we eventually settled under a pavilion in a small park at Jalan Leban and just chit-chatted away.

  3. Annual Hotel Stayover - I thank God for a wonderful fellowship with my JC friends on New Year's Eve. Every year, we make it an effort to come together for fellowship and for a hotel stayover, chit-chatting and playing games while snacking away. This year's no different and it was just a wild time playing wii, fellowshipping, snacking away and laughing at one another. Just at about countdown time, we all tuned in to Channelnewsasia to watch the countdown and the fireworks. However, it did feel a bit weird seeing the fireworks while the news ticker at the bottom of the screen showed bad news such as bombings and deaths etc.

    Though I must admit that I was a little disappointed that in the end, most went back home and only a couple stayed over, I still thank God for the wonderful fellowship. It was also a wonderful feeling the next morning, having breakfast at a quiet Mac at Marine Parade, chit-chatting with a friend and taking in the strong comforting morning breeze.

  4. God's Affirmation on Cell Purpose? - I do not know if it is God's affirmation but then for a long time, I seem to have a feeling and sense that God had a different purpose for my cell; to reach out to the heart-brokened, backslided and misled and I had been asking God to confirm this given that cell seems to be in shambles now. I remember asking God to show me His purpose for the cell and as I opened up my bible, I came to Jeremiah 51 which talked about asking Israel to prepare for battle (in this case, is God asking me to prepare the cell for spiritual battle?) and then later, I came to Nehemiah which spoke about rebuilding Jerusalem (in this case, is God asking to rebuild cell?). Frankly, I still do not know.
I also give thanks for a friend who made it to church to join me for service on Sunday. I also thank God for discovering a website (Crossmap.Com) with very nice free Christian wallpapers. My favourite are the following:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!