.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

 

Psalm 139

Listen to this article Listen to this article

1 O LORD, you have searched me
and you know me.

2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.

3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.

4 Before a word is on my tongue
you know it completely, O LORD.

5 You hem me in—behind and before;
you have laid your hand upon me.

6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.

7 Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?

8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.

9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,

10 even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.

11 If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,"

12 even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.

Today, we had staff devotion and it is really great seeing God work even through the staff devotion. Today's daily bread reading is on Psalm 139 about how God knows us all intimately; what we think, say, do, struggle with etc. It is such a wonderful reminder, as I shared with my colleagues about my recent struggle with ministry and how God have never given up on me though I had been defiant; comforting me through His word (including how He spoke to me through a colleague's diary), sermon/sharings, friends etc.

And a couple of colleague also shared and testified to how God has his timing for things, even His timing for drawing people to Him (just like how He drew me to Him). A couple of colleagues also testified to how they have seen God work in His time as loved ones, suddenly asked about church. What was the most amazing however was how one of our colleagues, who have been working with our organisation for close to a decade now but have only recently took up the decision to accept Christ, and how she seemed to be growing spiritually despite being from a family which is into Nichiren Buddhism (practiced by the Soka Association). It is really wonderful to see how she talks about her faith and amazingly, she is also recently taking a step to wanting to find a home church to belong to.

Indeed, God knows everyone intimately although sometimes we do not know He is there, we do not believe He is there, we forget about His love and grace and/or choose to deliberately disobey Him. I continue to thank God for the devotion which seems to be going to a new level, with people sharing about their walk. Although we do not have the whole group with us, we do pray hard that everyone will eventually come, share and be encouraged by one another as spiritual growth take place.

I also thank God for the wonderful time of lunch and dinner fellowship with all my colleagues and I really did have a good time being with them during dinner as we treated ourselves to Hokkien cuisine at a Chinese restaurant since we made a pact not to buy Christmas gifts for one another. My department just loves to eat. I also thank God for giving me the inspiration to work on my volunteer blog and coming out with designs for 2 e-posters for my volunteer's fundraising project and also a campaign to get volunteers to share their memories and stories about helping out as a volunteer in our current fundraising project. It's just amazing how fast I came up with the 2 posters just within 2 hours... and in my opinion, they look quite nice :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!