.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, December 17, 2007

 

The Flower-Pot Mug

Listen to this article Listen to this article

Today, boss brought some Christmas presents for everyone and as always, she always have this interesting way of distributing her gifts; this time, making us choose from a few gift tags, which corresponds to the gift labels on the present. Anyway, we all got mugs but with different designs. Mine is the one you see on the left. I like it a lot because it has this interesting flower pot design, a nice matte brown colour and a nice bible verse from Ecclesiastes. A timely reminder? I don't know.

Anyway, a minor thing happened which I was not quite ok with. One of my colleague was so excited how it resemble a flower pot and suggested putting a plant in it, offering to donate part of her plant. Well, I like the mug and athough I do not mind the idea, I think I would still prefer to have it as a mug to drink from rather than to have a plant growing from it. After all, it is a gift from someone and the last thing to do would to put a plant into a mug someone gives you right? Well, one of my colleague told me that if I wanted to keep it as a mug, just tell that colleague my decision. But in the end, guess I couldn't bring myself to it and so in went the plant. Hmm... maybe sometime need to learn to be a little assertive :D Not a big issue la but then just can't believe I did not say my piece. Anyway, with the plant, it looks nice too mah :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!