.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Saturday, November 24, 2007

 

Sometimes I Just Find Myself too Preachy

Listen to this article Listen to this article

Where does it comes to the point that I am crossing my boundary and into other people's boundaries. Other people after all have their own lives and why should I tell them how to live their lives?

I had just ended a MSN conversation with a friend and it just makes me feel real rotten. Where has my social work values about respecting one's decisions and choices gone to, so much so I am finding myself suggesting to others how they should live their lives? I guess that is also my problem, that's why I am burning out in my ministry.

I have to keep reminding myself that people should be responsible for their own spiritual growth as well. Who am I to say what should be done and what should not, it is their lives. And if they were to make a decision, should I feel bad about it? Maybe because I had been through some of the same struggles and thus am anxious that they do not make the same mistake(s) as me (maybe some of the prophets of old felt similar as well when they have the passion to bring people back to God). But maybe I am worrying too much, they might not even be making the same mistake(s) as me. But then I think all I can do is just share my experience and let the person make their own decision about their choices. I have to remind myself to stop being nosey and taking responsibility for others' lives and spiritual growth. I should trust God that I can do all I can and just let God do His part too in reaching out to and ministering to people. I should not let the anxiousness get the better of me. God, speak to me about this matter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!