.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Saturday, September 17, 2005

 

Minor accomplishments...

Listen to this article Listen to this article


springboard 4 by torvald

OK woke up today and did a bit of work... received an email from my committee member informing me that my acting head was very upset when she heard that I will be paid honorarium for the work I am doing. He did tell me not to be worried as this matter has been settled.

Wrote back to say that I am willing to forego this payment as I am prepared to treat this as voluntary work done on goodwill for my profession should it be too troublesome to claim honorarium. In the end, I do not want to upset anyone.

Wow, did quite a bit in a day. Besides doing work, I had also taken the time to meet a friend who came back from Shanghai 2 weeks ago and will be returning tomorrow. Was great catching up with him and a few other friends during lunch. Was a hearty lunch where we ate and laughed, ate and laughed :D He is still the humourous him, making fun of me. Wasn't a bit affected by it though, guess I am so used of using myself to "entertain" others, been so in the past and so now as well.

Also did a bit of "renovation" work on my blog, adding a tag board. It seems that blogging is now becoming quite a part of my life. I take pride in my blog that I am now finding ways to enhance it, with pictures, counters and the latest addition, my tag board! Keep in touch with me and other visitors to my blog through the tag board. However, I do ask people who post to the tag board respect my blog and not to post offensive remarks or irrelevant stuff like ads there.

OK what I am going to say may make you giggle: For once, I went out alone... I know, I know that I am old enough to go out on my own but then usually I will spend the day at home resting rather than to go out without company, seems to be a lonely affair doing so. However, today made my way to bishan to get a birthday gift for my friend while doing a little bit of shopping around. It does feel kind of lonely going out without company but then I am left to take in the sights and sounds at my own pace and go where I want to.

While out, received a sms from that friend who smsed that he is beginning to hate me (wow, what a mouth full). Anyway, he asked me out again and again I rejected him, telling him that I am not comfortable meeting him. In the end, I think he left after not seeing me... messaged me, saying that he wish I know what I am doing and where I am heading though he do not know why I am behaving in this way...

On my way home, I had also made the commitment to be as christian-like as possible. Let's see how this will work out... Need to be spiritually congruent...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!