.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, September 11, 2005

 

Fellowship & Workship

Listen to this article Listen to this article

I am going to celebrate my achievement! It has been 3 weeks and I am still going to church, minus the "inertia" and excuses :D

Anyway, today's theme seems to be "ships": fellow-ship and wor-ship.

Today, the sermon series on burnout took a break and the topic today was on the "delight of giving". Well, I didn't feel good about the sermon at first since it appears to be talking about money and how important it is to give to the church... felt like it is some lecture telling us the importance of contributing to the church (but then again, to be fair, the church needs to be upkept). However, by the end of the service, I brought away with me 2 important lessons:

1. We should beware of the scarcity attitude "I don't have" and adopt the language of abundance, recognizing God as our provider.

2. Worship takes all forms and that I should not be too preoccupied about how others are worshipping and constantly worried whether I am doing the "right" thing.

On Worhsip
In fact, I kinda left myself in the hands of God and requested that he provide me guidance during this critical period. I had also started to be more comfortable with my gesture of worship (with palms open) at service. After reading a few chapters of the "Purpose-Driven Life", it becomes clear that worship is not done only in church but in everything we do, from the work we do to the minute things we do every day. I thus have decided to worship by asking God, our provider, for guidance to my purpose so that I could use my giftings for the purpose and worship God in the process. I guess I had been too uptight about "how" I worship in the past (well I still am but lesser now) rather than "why" I worship; to give thanks.

On Fellowship
Amazingly, I was contacted by so many friends today to meet up. This had never happened before! I was contacted by my best friend of close to 20 years, whom I had not maintained contact with for almost a year, and was asked if I would like to meet up. In the end, we met up and had a wonderful time catching-up and reminiscing old times.

Was also invited to join my friends' cell group for lunch after service. Nice bunch of people! Even though my friends wasn't there (they left me with the group), I enjoyed their company a lot and might really consider going to cell group (although it is in pasir ris :)).

In the evening, I also met up with another group of JC friends for dinner and again we went to Gone Fishing and played a game of RISK :D
I had also earlier went out with a couple of these friends on Saturday and all 3 of us wore Mickey Mouse T-shirt (different colours la) hahaha, cute ah :D

Today is a meaningful and fulfilling day.

My fav worship song for now:

I Offer My Life
All that I am, all that I have
I lay them down before you O Lord
All my regrets, all my acclaim
The joy and the pain, I'm making them yours

Chorus:
Lord I offer my life to You
Everything I've been through
Use it for your glory
Lord I offer my days to You
Lifting my praise to You
As a pleasing sacrifice
Lord I offer You my life

Things in the past, things yet unseen
Wishes and dreams that are yet to come true
All of my hopes, all of my plans
My heart and my hands are lifted to You.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!