.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

 

The $2 Dilemma

Listen to this article Listen to this article

As I mentioned in an earlier post, my days seem to be filled to the brim with little time for rest. However, I wasn't feeling well lately so I had to cancel quite a number of appointments and got to go back early to rest.

Today, as I was making my way home, a girl, no more than 14 years old, stopped me in my path just at the void deck of my block. Looking at her, I recognise that she is from a neighboring school because she was donned in their PE attire. Since I was listening to the radio and my handphone earpiece plugged in, I could not hear what she was telling me.

When I finally removed my earpiece, I was caught by surprise when she asked me if I could spare her $2. She told me her ezlink card is empty and she has no money to make her way home. I mean, I have come across older people asking me for money but a young student, well this is the first time. For the first time, I was really caught unaware and didn't know what to do... she seemed sincere. I didn't want to give her the money at first and asked if her teacher knows about it, but she looked like she is afraid to tell her teacher. Then I offered to help her call her mother but she told me that her mother doesn't have a handphone... I really didn't know what to do and the next thing I did, I took my wallet out and just whipped out a $2 note and gave it to her.


I do not know but somehow I do not feel comfortable doing that and did not understand why I do that too. I mean $2 is not much and giving her the benefit of the doubt, she may need the money. But then on the other hand, I am wondering if she is really genuine. I really don't like the feeling of being cheated. But most importantly, the image of her, a young girl, going around cheating people of their money just didn't go down well with me. Anyway, what is done cannot be undone... perhaps she is really in need of money... I will never know. It is one of those times I let my heart rule over my head. Just hope she is really genuine.

It's Been a Long Time
It's been a long time since I was last hooked onto TV serial... somehow the TV serials nowadays are so boring; nothing can compare to the TV serial in the good old days. But recently, I have started to watch this new TV serial on channel 8 at 9pm... "Happily Ever After". To me, it is a really silly story based on some Chinese folklore characters and deities. To me, it is a simple but funny comedy and for a long time, I have not had my eyes glued to the TV and watched something that made me laugh so badly :)

Source: Mediacorp

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ya i agree, its quite funny. ho ho ho...

canndol

11:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!