.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

 

Down Then Up

Listen to this article Listen to this article

Today really started out relatively on a bad note...

Firstly, I was caught by surprise when I heard some negative comments about some people who I have worked with. That did make me feel quite uncomfortable because I have never seen these people in this light. I get all jittery when I start having doubts of people who I have been trusting as genuine people. Maybe just a fear of being hurt again...


Secondly, I got the
sobering email from my cell leader about how upset she is not seeing me actively taking over cell.

Enough to give me quite a bit of headache by mid day.

But then, I thank God for the other half of the day when things began to lighten up...


I thank God for wonderful colleagues and especially Stitch-giver who came by to cheer me up. I shared with her how down I was feeling and then came this email greeting, reminding me that despite feeling down, I can thank God for...
  • having eyes to read the email!
  • having the mental capacity to think through the e-mail..
  • having good colleagues who bought lunch for me so I can have some time to myself.. (I stayed back in office during lunch to have some time to myself)
  • having a God who is faithful and will never fail! =)
  • we might make mistakes, but He won't! so since He placed me there, He will help me through it all! =)
The "cheer-up" email from Stitch-giver

A good reminder. It did put back the smile on my face. It did make me feel hope that there are still nice colleagues around. Things just began to lighten up from this point...


I thank God for being affirmed by my boss. After a meeting, we talked in private for a while and started to talk about my long-term career plans in this organisation. Maybe I am a person who needs affirmation and it sure feels good to be affirmed and appreciated for the work I have done so far. Glory be to God for blessing my ministry here because I could never have done what I have done despite not having experience in what I am doing prior to joining. And all these was done in just one year. Praise be to God!!

I also thank God for good news from my volunteers who called to inform me that they managed to get funding for their project. They wanted to bring our children beneficiaries for an outing and had applied for funding from NYC. However, they didn't get any news about it and went ahead to plan a kachang puteh sale in school to raise funds. So when they learn about their proposal for funding was approved, they called to share the good news with me and it really made me so so happy.


I thank God for a good talk with my cell leader in the evening. I had a good talking to by my cell leader but I am glad the phone conversation went and ended well and I managed to clarify that I have not been supportive not because I am reluctant to take up CLT role but because I had been quite maxed out at work and also partly, having issues with confidence. But I did bring away with me a few reminder points, that as a CLT, I need to remember
  • to work with God and trust in Him, relying on His might and not only on mine
  • to work for the glory of God and not for mine
  • exercise wisdom, prioritise and draw boundaries as necessary to prevent from burnout
  • continue to talk to the Lord
OK, anyway, I have committed to lead cell this week so pray for me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!