.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, January 04, 2007

 

Yesterday Good, Today No Good

Listen to this article Listen to this article

Just as everything was going well yesterday, things took a drastic turn today... sighhh.

Perhaps the biggest boo-boo today is the fact I seem to have made my No. 2 in my organisation unhappy with me.

Firstly in the morning, just as I was going upstairs to run some errands, I stopped by a colleague's office to say hello and later stayed a little while more to talk about some photos we taken during the museum trip. Just as we were talking, his boss (the No. 2 of the organisation) walked in and saw us talking. But the problem is, she returned a few minutes later and there I was still talking with my friend... die la, she must think I very free...

Then later, she came downstairs to ask me to read one verse during staff devotion later in the morning. But, close to the time of the devotion, I was summoned into my boss' office to discuss something. Halfway through the discussion, I had to stop my boss to tell her I needed to go downstairs to read verse for the devotion but when I entered the chapel, the devotion has started and my No. 2 mentioned "it's OK codfishy, we have read your verse". Oh no, I was assigned a task by No. 2 but then I had to bungle it! Later in the day, my colleague shared with me that my No. 2 looked quite unhappy when she called for my name during the devotion only to realise I was not around.

It's a good thing I tried to look for my No. 2 to apologise for being delayed... not sure if explanation is accepted but then really I can't do anything now... My colleagues tried to comfort me by telling me not to worry and that it shouldn't bother me since I do not report to No. 2, sighh but the feeling of having someone upset with me is just so irritating... I know it is bad but then I am just a person who hopes to please everyone.

The verse is from Psalms 42:8 "
By day the LORD directs his love, at night his song is with me— a prayer to the God of my life"

Anyway, quite a number of minor bungles happened here and there. And again, today, I was beginning to feel real frustrated at work again... so many things gone wrong and just so irritated I have to fix all these... and then, it didn't help to also receive news of 5 people leaving the organisation. Well, it's a relatively big organisation and this month being January (right after receiving bonus), it might not be such a big deal after all to hear of resignations. But hearing the news of people leaving (especially a couple of people who I had least expected to leave) did have an impact on me, even more so when there are so many frustrations today.

Anyway, made a brief trip back to my old school today. Was there to discuss a volunteer fundraising project with a teacher. Although a new junior college has taken over the plot of land on which my former secondary school used to stand on, part of the old school building remained. As I walked about, I tried to picture what used to be in the different areas... it's a funny kind of feeling setting foot upon the same grounds where I spent my secondary school life... Interesting trip...

The JC which sits on the land where my secondary school used to stand.
The secondary school is still in the area but moved somewhere down the road.

Oh by the way, I am a bit less late today, 2 minutes better than yesterday but I did not go jogging today becuase it was raining, but instead ate 3
Ferrare Roche chocolates. Guilty guitly... It fact, felt quite horrible just didn't want to stay in office for too long, left shortly after 5pm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!