.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

 

My Latest Toy

Listen to this article Listen to this article

2006 has been a looonnnggg and tiring year. Looking back, I have achieved quite a bit this year (although my attempt to slim down has not seen much result, haha, still managed to stay in shape - round), but I have been left rather exhausted and burnt out by the end of the year.

With my bonus, I decided to pamper myself and maybe buy me a new handphone. I have been contemplating getting a new handphone because my current old trusty handphone is starting to fail me. I was tempted to get a good camera phone so I can take pictures for my blog too, but a good camera phone may cost a bomb...

Today, met a friend and spent quite a lot of time loitering around handphone shops in Suntec. To buy or not to buy? Anyway, after scouting around and deliberating and deliberating... I laid down a whopping $498 on my latest toy, the Nokia N73. Really hope I will not regret it... but one thing helps to at least make me feel better; the purchase came with a free Canon portable photo printer worth $199, seemingly the best I have seen in all the stores. I gathered that I may just sell away the printer if I have no use for it and my phone would cost me less :) (Photo of N73 above: Source)


Canon SELPHY CP720 (Source)

Anyway, have done research and N73 seems to be a good camera phone, with a 3.2 megapixel camera. Compared to the Sony Ericsson K800i and Samsung Ultra 12.9, the photo quality seems better and more vibrant and sharp. My only qualms about it is the small small keypad, which gave way to the large display screen, and the positioning of the "cancel" key. (Picture of Carl Zeiss lens: Source)

The small small keypad was a real bane for someone with big fingers like me and I did struggle with sending sms. In fact, what could have took me 10 sms to send a simple reminder to my friends for a gathering actually cost me 30 sms. Why? Because, I marked the 10 recipients and went on to type "Hi there" and then accidentally pressed the SEND key. Tried to stop the sending but could not. Then, I typed a second message to apologise for the incomplete sms and before I can finish the whole sms, guess what happened again? Yes, I accidentally press the SEND key yet again, argghhh. Well, it may take a little getting used to but then in the meantime, I devised a work around the problem by typing the message first then adding the recipient.

The cancel ("C") key is also positioned at the bottom right corner of the keypad. Usually I could sms with one hand but with this phone, sms-ing with one hand is just risky, since I might just drop my phone when reaching for that "C" button in the corner. Other than that, I love my phone and am already spending quite a bit of time searching the net for themes to customise me phone :)

Wow, my first quasi-product review blog entry hehehe :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!