.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, December 08, 2006

 

The Essence of the Gift

Listen to this article Listen to this article

Hahaha... finally went down to reward myself with a Christmas gift. Dropped by a CD store yesterday on the way to help a friend at the Christmas Kettle Pot and picked up a copy of Corrine May's Christmas CD. Heard her CD on the car of the friend "who was beginning to hate me" (yes, we are talking to one another again though there is still occasional silence) and I just love her somewhat melancholic rendition of the songs. Her song "Journey" was also the very song which has brought me back to Christ... It is a meaningful song and you can hear it on the right side of this blog.


I also thank God for a gift I received this morning... a little bottle of essence of chicken. Though a small gesture, I truly thank God for the God-sent gift to help perk me up after a
late night's talk with my friend.

My colleague has promised me a bottle of essence of chicken to perk me up after knowing that I was helping a friend at the kettle pot last night but little did she know that the bottle of essence of chicken went a long way to help a sleepy person :) I shared with her my thanksgiving and thanked her...

"... I guess when God sent you to comfort someone in need, He also sent someone to take care of you..." she responded.

The essence of the gift is much appreciated...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!