.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Saturday, November 18, 2006

 

God is Real

Listen to this article Listen to this article

I have mentioned in the last entry that the lyrics of one of my favourite songs, "One Thing I Ask of You" spoke to me recently... It's a beautiful song; the words are simple but meaningful and the tune composed is pure music to the ears, adding the "umph" to worshipping God. And to top it up, this song is composed by a fellow Singaporean, talking about national pride :)

Since, I was blogging about the song, I actually visited Gavin's website again today, after a brief visit some time back. His blog is amazing! As I read through his blog, it somehow gave me the impression the this blogger is someone who is much older than me but when I saw his profile, I realised that he is very young... but look at his spiritual maturity. If you have a chance to also look at his portfolio, you will not fail to see that, though he is young, he is a very talented guy who has written many songs and also designed many websites, brochures etc... Really, I am glad that he is using his God-given gifting and frankly it has touched people, just like how it has touched and impacted me in its own ways. His testimony has also shown me that God is real and how God has worked a work of miracle in his and his family's life... Frankly, I do share similar struggles with him and despite all the difficulties, he has continued to stay firm in his faith of God... in a way, it does inspire me because we have an awesome God.

My favourtie verse:
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

A personal appeal: For those who have yet to receive the gift of salvation from God, I make a personal plea to step forth. This is a gift that is unconditional and which requires no purchase. Christianity is not a religion as may be defined by our identity cards but it is actually a relationship with our Creator.

"Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me." - Revelation 3:20

I thank God for all He has done in my life, not forgetting me even after I have forgotten about Him for many years. He paved the way for my return and equip me with giftings that I can use for the benefit of others. He has also given me opportunities to be a witness of His great love and grace and He has used me and my experience of being a backslider to further reach out to those who have strayed far away from Him.

Here's a beautiful song by Gavin which I find all so meaningful for indeed I can not be more grateful to God for His mercy and grace...






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!