.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, November 03, 2006

 

Access Denied!

Listen to this article Listen to this article

Today, I am really really super pissed... been some time since I blogged but then this issue made me so pissed that I need an outlet to express myself...

Was on my way to an event in East Coast today and I was really looking forward to a wonderful day at the beach with senior beneficiaries. But a call early in the morning had to ruin the rest of the day... I received a call from my webs
ite chairperson asking me whether I did anything to the association's website because now the main page is gone.

screenshot by eyebiz

Well, the fact of it is, I did... and I know how serious the matter was. I was rushing a notice on the website about the distribution of some sponsored tickets and must have accidentally overwritten the wrong file because it was late when I was doing it... I admit my mistake but then who doesn't make mistakes?
What really peeved me off was the tone he "confronted" me with.

Come on... we had just finished with an important event and I was the one who designed and put up the whole event subsite without much help from him... he didn't even check in and ask if everything was OK and now that the main page is accidentally overwritten, he made a big hoo haa about it. He even mentioned he has changed the server's password so I have no more access to it. Actually he is the chairperson and he has the right to do so but please ask in a nice way.
Frankly, I understand how frustrating it is to have worked on something and then to have someone ruin it but then seriously, the page wasn't extremely difficult to develop to begin with; it was just a simple page and I would be more than willing to redevelop the old page back.

Anyway, I can't be bothered with the website anymore and will just focus on my own portfolio and my own committee... I might just resign from the website committee and make sure I do not treat my committee members this way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!