.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, October 19, 2006

 

A Dedication to My Dear Lady

Listen to this article Listen to this article

Getting all "Reminisc-ie"
Today, I seem to have got into the "reminiscing" mode. Was talking to a friend and she was telling me she is trying to work on a photo album for her mission trip, with photos of her growing up. Then, later in the evening, I received a call from the photo shop, telling me they made a mistake with my photo order and printed my photos with white borders (like those photos in the good old days). Then, as I made my way home from gym (yes, I am trying out gym though highly unlikely I will sign on any gym package), I saw this old lady in baju kurong and sarong and she really reminded me of my late grandmother; a lady I hold so dear...

My "Mama"
It is almost as if, amidst all the hustle and bustle of life, I have clean forgotten about this lady who had been an important part of my childhood. I literally grew up with her and in my memory, she is a nice old lady who dotes on me and loves me... ooo how I miss "mama" (that's how I call my grandmother since my younger days when I heard my mum calling her that). She is a very gentle and charming lady, beautiful in her own ways... I love her so deeply and even as I type this blog, I really hope to see her again... When I saw her suffering on her death bed and evetually stopped breathing, that was one of the most painful moments of my life; I noticed I have lost my "mama"...

Mama, how are you doing? I hope you are doing well in heaven.

And so, I decided to look up old photos of her and make a slideshow dedicated to her... photos both of her as I remember her and of me in my younger days (well, as I was looking through the photos and was having so much fun looking at the youner me, so decided to also add photos of my growing up years to the slideshow). As you can see, I seem to have a little identiy crisis... a while I am superman, a while a bike rider, a while a waiter, then a soldier, kungfu expert, radio deejay and finally, a geek :) OK, don't laugh ah... enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!