.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, October 16, 2006

 

Smoke Gets In Your Eyes

Listen to this article Listen to this article


by limothy_onFlickr

The haze situation is dragging for too long. While I thank God that I have not have any asthma attack yet (I usually would), I sure hope the haze will go away soon. Sometimes, I wonder what the Indonesian government is doing about all these burning... in the same way a bystander who sees a child misbehaves would look at his/her parent and think "what kind of parent are you, take your child into hand". Year after year, this happens again and again and causes so much problem for its neighbouring countries Malaysia and Singapore... this can really be so irritating. Anyway, I still thank God that I am still well.

I also thank God for meetings that went well today. I started my day on a bad note and had to do a bit of firefighting at work because of some miscommunication on others' part... I do have a part to play in both cases but then it just feels rotten I have to run about doing the firefighting. A good thing the two meetings I had to attend for the rest of the day went well. In fact, one of the meeting with a group of prospective volunteer went so well, they even offered to allow us to use their premises for our events. They were also open to ideas to helping us fundraise through a guiness world record event they are planning and also open to working closely on many other volunteer projects. If this goes well, I will be able to add a couple of hundred volunteers to my current pool. Yeah! I initially also had problems looking for some volunteer emcee and performers but they have also agreed to help me check with a few existing volunteers whether they can help. Thank God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!