.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, November 13, 2006

 

Making Mountain out of Molehill

Listen to this article Listen to this article

Argghh! This is infuriating! Really pissed off with the website chairperson who I had some issues with.

Today, I responded to a email from the committee asking when we are available for the next meeting. Just before I signed off, I made a small request and asked everyone to help to, in future, direct all emails to my personal mail rather than my work mail because I am trying to better manage my mails in view of the volumes of mails I receive through my work email everyday. Just that simple; a small request. Nothing more nothing less.

But the website chairperson chose to reply to everyone and, in my opinion, gave me a "lecture" telling me that it is "human nature" that people hit "reply all" when they reply and because I sent emails from my work mail account, it is natural it comes back to my work email. He then went on to suggest I should just stick to corresponding to the group using my personal email instead.

HELLO! I have been corresponding using my personal mail and everytime I receive an email to my work mail, I make it an effort to respond from my personal mail and also copy the email back to my personal mail. I frankly do not need him to teach me what to do! The reason why I guess everyone keeps sending to my work mail is maybe because initially I gave everyone my work mail account so they saved that into their address book. So when they send, it is understandable it goes to my work mail.

I know I shouldn't be trying to guess his intentions for doing so but then I can't help but feel he is unhappy with me after the last incident and after I responded to him saying that I do not foresee going back into the server since the project is over and the password has been changed by him so I cannot access the server. I can't help but feel he is trying to make me look silly in front of the whole committee by hinting that I do not know how to use email. Come on, it is a small issue and I wasn't even complaining, just making a small request to send all future mails to my personal account and does he have to make a mountain out of a molehill?

A Scottish Hill by JimmyLemon

In the end, I could not stand it and just drafted a courtesy mail to ask him if things are OK and if he is unhappy with me. In the email, I mentioned that I may be too sensitive but then I sense displeasure with me after the incident. I did also apologise (again) for the accident and mentioned that we all are doing our best for the association and it is just unfortunate this accident had to happen. I went on to also say, as the chairperson for website, I respect his decision for removing my access to the server to prevent future occurrences of such accident from happening, though I was initially taken aback by his move to remove my access rights to the server.

Seriously, he really spoilt my day... if things are not resolved, I will just simply resign from his committee and focus on my committee. Then he can have all the control of the server he wants.

God forgive me for my ranting but sometimes I just cannot tahan such people!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!