.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

 

2007 Starts off Well

Listen to this article Listen to this article

Well, the year started off on a positive note and today, being the first working day of the year, turned out real well:
  • Punctuality - I made a new year resolution that I will try to be punctual especially for work and I am getting there. Still wasn't on time for work today but there is improvement, was only 10 minutes late :)
  • Email Overload - Having been away from office for close to 2 weeks now, I had expected a whole lot of email to follow-up with. However, thank God, the volume was manageable, with only about 70 new mails in each mailbox and several are failure deliveries, spam etc.
  • Feeling Refreshed - Felt refreshed at work and "all ready to go" for the new year
  • Feeling Relaxed - Am also interacting with colleagues with a more relaxed mood, no longer feeling as uptight
  • A Cute Gift - Received a surprise present from a colleague on my table... a mini M&Ms dispenser :) Now whenever I feel stressed, I can just push the spoon lever down and out comes mini M&Ms... Good to treat volunteers who walk into my office and great fun to play with

  • Friend is OK - Finally got to hear from my friend and he seems to be OK. Have been quite worried since I haven't heard from him for some time now but have been keeping him in prayer. Today, he came online and told me he is trying his best to forget this lady who seems to be cheating his money and is trying his best to avoid her. Mentioned that he is aware that this is something that only he can help himself. Affirmed him and shared how happy I was to hear that he is doing fine and taking a positive step to help himself. Did remind him that although it is something only he can do for himself, he need not face it alone and he is aware he has a support network of friends and loved ones... phew! He seems OK! Thank God!
  • Spiritual Growth - Am starting to read a bit of the old testament on my handphone and hope to be able to sustain my spiritual growth.
Of course there are things which did not go well also but somehow having rested for a while has really helped. Hope things continue to get better :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!