.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, July 30, 2006

 

Putting Down the Baggage

Listen to this article Listen to this article

Time really flies and it is really frightening... it was almost a year ago when I started this blog and I remember blogging after coming back from a 民歌 Cafe with my friend. That was my first blog entry.

I have always loved 民歌 cafes... like the experience and the atmosphere. Somehow, the cafes always have this friendly feeling to it... the people, singers and staff are always so friendly. Time seems to stand still while you kick back your shoes and enjoy the singers' s-o-o-o-thing rendition of pop songs, requested by people whose lives and paths cross just for these few hours.
Today, we decided to celebrate a friend's birthday in a 民歌 cafe and we chose to go to the one at Marina Square... really enjoyed the performances... I have always enjoyed seeing how people work so well together on stage... they are just such cheerful people and seem to enjoy each other's company so much... makes me think: why can't I be like them? Why am I so uptight about people?

I want to be cheerful (again) and just enjoy connecting and interacting with others. Of course, I know that the main reason why I am so withdrawn is because I can hardly trust people easily after being hurt a few times... but now, I come to realize that as long as I carry this emotional baggage and not forgive the people who have hurt me... I will have to continue to suffer in silence... And so, I made a decision... a decision to forgive the people who have hurt me... something that is not going to be easy but I am going to try. I am going to try to put down my emotional baggage...


How heavy is your emotional baggage?
"Old Suitcase" by petr0

For example, for the friend "who was beginning to hate me", I have to actually thank him because without the trial faced almost one year ago, I wouldn't have came back to Christ... I am going to forgive every single one who has hurt me... including the one friend who I had some struggles with his self-pity and another sister-in-christ who had hurt me through her words.

Surprisingly, when I tried to put my past baggages down , I found more peace talking to these friends.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good 4 u~!

canndol

2:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

proud of u...

the one who gave u stitch

10:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!