.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, July 16, 2006

 

Sleepy Sunday

Listen to this article Listen to this article

Sleepy Sunday
Today is a really really sleepy day... I was getting so mentally exhausted I decided to come straight back after church service and some errands to sleep... slept through the afternoon and somehow still tired. Don't understand, have went on 2 short trips to Hong Kong and Malacca in the past couple of weeks but still exhausted. (Picture "Colored Pillows" by astin )


Some People Really Irk Me
Maybe being stressed at work has made me easily irritable and has lowered my tolerance level. Just this week, I got so mad with a couple of people I just can't understand why these people exists? Earlier in the week, I had this lady from some "lifestyle company" who called my handphone and told me that I have won some prizes and asked me to go to their office later the day to collect it. Apparently she was reading from a script and refused to give me a chance to speak and say "no". When I finally had the chance to speak, I gracefully told her that I am not keen. And then she asked "why" but while I was talking, she hung up on me! How rude can some people be!

Yesterday, I visited Harvey Norman at Millenia Walk and also met some appalling customer service yet again. I was looking for an extension wire for my earphone and seeing that they sell earphones in the computer section, I approached the staff to ask where I can find the extension wire. Was asked to approach the staff at the camera section for help and so I went over to the camera section. The lady at the section mentioned that they do have it and I can proceed to the TV section to ask if they still carry stock for it. I walked to the TV section only to meet a staff who was clueless to what I wanted and asked me to go to the camera section. I was really deeply upset with being sent here and there, so I told her that I have already been sent from section to section. Eventually, she got a colleague to attend to me and he told me to proceed to the staff counter in the TV section for help. When I reached there, the staff was on the line and so I waited. Soon after, the staff who directed me to this counter came but did not even bother to attend to me and just went about doing some search on the computer. I got so fed up and just left... Talk about bad customer service... Harvey Norman just lost another customer. Had initially wanted to buy a cordless phone from them but eventually abandoned the idea and went away.

Then, when I was making my way home, there were these couple of Indian nationals who were waiting for the train with me. When the train came and the doors opened, they just pushed their way in, refusing to give way to alighting passengers. This really got me really disgusted. Later on the train, there was this lady who could not stand the I encountered this lady who was openly demonstrating that she could not stand their smell (I think the smell of coconut oil) coming from the very Indian national who pushed their way through and openly demonstrated her displeasure by putting a handkerchief over her mouth and nose. I mean, yes I am disgusted with these Indian nationals for being so inconsiderate (one of them even leaned on the grab pole, making it difficult for me to hold on), but you do not have to embarrass people.

Hello, You OK?
Met up with a friend today to catch up at a cafe. He was talking halfway and suddenly stopped and looked blankly into the air. This really got me worried; wondering what's happening to this friend of mine and what I needed to do. Eventually he recovered but for the first few minutes, he was not making sense when he spoke... fully recovered a few minutes later... Not sure if it is stress-induced (somehow it seems that most of my friends are not having a good time at work) but am just glad he is fine now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!