.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, May 25, 2006

 

The Day I Was Handcuffed

Listen to this article Listen to this article

Caught Red-Handed
I have been feeling real bad about my late-coming to work and today, I was caught red-handed by my boss; was walking into office some 20 minutes late and she saw me as she was coming out of the washroom. Oops!

Although she did not say anything, I just feel so bad and it is worse now... I remember that she commented to me once that being from Human Resources, we should set a good examples but here I am today 2o minutes late... I have tried to wake up early and come to work but I am just so mentally tired that I find it difficult to do so... just don't seem to get enough rest. Even though so, I am still going to try my best to be punctual and I will try...

Talking about stress... it all begins again today. When I start receiving endless number of phonecalls and emails asking about volunteering, it could only be one thing... school holidays are here.

Handcuffed During Devotion








Handcuff by
andimedia

We had devotion today and the person sharing was looking for 2 volunteers for a "show and tell". I was ultimately "volunteered" and he made me sit beside him and handcuffed me with these 2 metal handcuffs. Worst, he secured the handcuffs so tightly, ouch!

Anyway, that's not the point. He handcuffed me and went on to talk about unforgiveness and how we were in bondage when we have unforgiveness in our hearts. How timely, I thought... of all people, I have to be chosen. The scenario was however more peculiar: there I was, a person struggling with unforgiveness, sitting down handcuffed, bearing with the slight pain and discomfort having been handcuffed so tightly (I could not stop my friend also because he has already start sharing) and all these while, having to bear with the pain and focus on the sharing of the word. It was almost like speaking to me that: sometimes we are so preoccupied with the pain we miss hearing the word... sounds familiar?

The Evening that Went Woosh Woosh Woosh
Haven't been playing badminton for some time now. A colleague of mine suggested we go for a session of badminton and I must say it was good workout hahaha though I can never fully put to practice my understanding of the rules of badminton... To end the evening, went to try the Fish & Chips nearby... haha sinful food... deepfried... kinda defeats purpose of the workout right :)

Fork in Head










Objects:Fork by
Mattronic


Everytime I hear some shocking news of violence involving youths and children, I can't help but lament again... just as I did here and here... My friend just told me that a boy in his school got into an argument with another and jabbed a fork into his head... shocking news... what is the world becoming? What are people doing about it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!