.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, April 30, 2006

 

Sorry, That's Our Biggest Size

Listen to this article Listen to this article

Hong Kong, Here I Come
("Hong Kong Skyline" Photo below by akim95)

somehow just enjoy the planning process. At least, it takes myYeah, long weekend started, can rest! Seriously, my daily schedule has been so hectic I am really really looking forward to a holiday. Have been spending quite a number of hours this past week researching and planning a trip to Hong Kong with my friends... Although it is not easy; trying to work out the details to see which days are best, whether to go with tour agent or book ourselves, which airline to pick, which hotel to stay in, how to make our way from the airport to the hotel and vice versa etc, I mind off work for that short while... Hong Kong here I come :)

Anyway, spent the whole morning just "chilling out" at home (i.e. can't really remember what I was doing but just lazing around) and the latter part of the afternoon helping a fellow cell group mate move her house. Decided to meet my friends to plan the Hong Kong trip later in the evening.


Photo of the Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Centre
taken at my last trip to Hong Kong

The Agony of Supersize Me @ a Sale
While waiting for my friends, just took the time to just shop around for a while (since I needed new berms and jeans and I don't really always have the luxury to do so). Was so thrilled when I realized there was a sale going on and some of the branded items were like going for $20+. But then "supersize" me just keep getting the same response.... "sorry, that's our biggest size". I mean, what's wrong? Are people nowadays smaller in size or just I getting abnormally big? Seen a pair of jeans and 2 berms which I liked but sighhhhh, "sorry, that's our biggest size". Talk about the agony of shopping for a supersize person.

Somehow, there just seem to be more people around today... probably due to the long weekend, probably also thanks to progress package, everyone is just keen to pamper themselves with that extra cash. It got to be coincidental or it is just that these business people are just real smart... knowing that with extra cash and a sale, it is just too tempting not to say "no". Anyway, I gave in but then ended up having people saying "sorry, NO size". So sad...

Excuse Me, You Own This Train?
Ya, indeed, can't stand it liaoz... I don't know how you feel about inconsiderate commuters on public transport but it is just irritating enough for me to blog about them... Following my 3 misadventures with inconsiderate people on the train (Peak Hour Sandwich, The Train Door Keeper and Bus DJs) , I just can't stand these peoples' inconsiderate behaviour anymore; something needs to be done about it! I applaud the blog "Ugly Singaporean" (Ugly but yes, these irritating people do exist). Now, be educated and if you are guilty about it, please, for goodness sake, BE CONSIDERATE!!!

My Charts of the Top 4 Most Irritating Behaviours on Public Transport
Coming in at number 4 is the energetic and migraine-causing screaming children... Imagine this, you had just knocked off from a hectic day of work. There in front of you, you have a child who just refuses to sit down with his/her guardian or parent. They chooses to swing around the pole as if they are training to do bar-top dancing and/or swing about with the hand straps as if they are practicing to be gymnasts... All the while, you try to tolerate the screaming and avoid being "kicked" or hitted by the child and you keep looking at their guardian(s) or their parent(s), who happens to just keeps talking away to another parent or am just smiling away and not doing anything. For goodness sake, do something!

At number 3 goes to the commuters who refuse to move in even when there is an empty seat beside them and the bus / train is crowded. I can understand and accept if you are getting off the next stop or are holding onto bulky items; which makes it inconvenient to take the inner seat but there are just people who are neither getting off nor carrying bulky items and they just refuse to move in.

Closing in is the commuter who deprives others of a seat by occupying a seat with their bags / items, this at number 2. I am OK with this if the train / bus is relatively empty but you should get the idea and have enough EQ to do something when you see the train / bus getting crowded... To help you better visualize this (face have been diffused to protect the identity... anyway, my handphone resolution isn't very superb in the first place. By the way, I don't intentionally go out to take pictures of these people... just feel irritated when I see it and want to "educate"):



Topping the charts at number 1 is "commuters without backbone"; people who somehow are oblivious to the fact that many others need to hold onto the pole to support themselves and just lean against the grab pole. These people better hope that the train will not do an e-break or else who is going to be responsible when people get injured?


I take no credit for this photo... taken from http://moonflyer00.blogspot.com/2005/05/this-girl-is-such-btch-she-leaned-her.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!