.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Saturday, February 25, 2006

 

Training for Ministry Work

Listen to this article Listen to this article

Fishing Class
Attended my first class in church on "Being a Fisher of Men". The class was done in lecture-style so it got a little boring at certain points in time but thank God the trainer also shared interesting stories about how he reached out to others and that saved the day. I am given a homework to write my testimony, hmm... think my blog is basically my testimony but guess I have to summarize it :)

SWAT Meeting
Later in the day, I attended a SWAT meeting. No, not some special force meeting but the Social Workers' Advisory Team meeting.

The church has a community service component and would thus like to meet up with church goers who are in the social work profession, to get some advise and insights on how to improve the way they work with the needy. In the end, we had 5 social service personnel in the meeting and guess what? All are from my cell hahaha... seems like our cell is becoming a social service cell... not that it was intentional but somehow people just started working in the social and human services sector.

Blasting Away
You know, I am always amazed how some people can be a nuisance but just somehow don't feel anything about it. Here I was, tired from a wole day of training and meeting and was taking a bus home. But halfway through the journey, these 2 girls boarded the bus and one of the girls was listening to radio on her handphone and it was blasting away through the loudspeaker; blasting away just beside me... in the end, I decided to alight because the music was causing me a headache ut guess what, she alighted at the same bus stop as me too... arghhh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!