.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, February 23, 2006

 

How's Your Trip?

Listen to this article Listen to this article


How's Your Trip?
Have been working frantically these few days to try to hand over my work to my colleague so that they can cover my duties when I go for In-Camp Training next week. Besides this, I am also currently working together with my colleague from the IT department to develop a database system to support my work. So, was thinking how best I can help them understand the work I am doing and soon I thought that I will use T.R.I.P. to explain my work... T.R.I.P. stands for Tools, Roles, Issues and Processes.

Find that it could also be a good way to conceptualize about one's job: seek to understand your role (R), then work processes (P) and then the tools (T) to help you do your work e.g. forms, databases etc (you may even develop tools at a later stage). Finally, you seek to understand the issues (I) that would hinder you from doing your work efficiently and effectively and address these so your life will be easier.

So how's your trip like?

Learning Editing
Remember how I mentioned I was affected when an officer wrote an email to my director complaining about a new publication I had started? Well, garnered enough courage to call up another officer (my big big boss' wife) who is in-charge of the editorial team in my organization for her advice on my publication.

I called the officer to asked whether I could send my newsletter for her comments and editing. Guess that I might have sounded a bit nervous on the phone (after all, she is the big big boss' wife and an officer) because I struggled with what to say and she had to try hard to understand why I called. Eventually, she agreed to help and I printed out the newsletter and brought it to her office for her to edit.

Within minutes, she finished editing my 6-page newsletter and came down to go through the amendments with me. Now, I did not know why I was so nervous in the first place because she seems like such a nice lady and despite being an editor, she did not come down on me critically for the mistakes I made but instead helped me learn so many things about editing; things which I will somehow not know without her telling me such as: the plural for youth is youth, only use numerics if it is 10 and above, for one to nine, we need to spell it out, use semi colon when we are stating a list of things with verbs in them, otherwise use commas etc. It was a good lesson on editing.

To God be the Glory
I received an email from my big big boss, the commander, "congratulating' me for a job well done when he saw my newsletter. That did affirm me but seriously, I do not think I could have done it without God for He has guided me in my work, helping me to achieve so much in just within 4 months... To God be the glory.

Lost Bible
Hahaha, I actually misplaced my bible today. Was going for devotional and after that we had a small makan session so I placed my bible on a shelf before I went to get food to eat. But when I left, I just conveniently forgot about my bible and went back to office. A blessing that my colleague came along to ask me something about Daily Bread and I soon realized my bible was not with me... eventually found it back... aiyah... :)

Good News and Bad News
As I am typing this, am watching TV. There is this one programme which is a tribute to a politician who has passed on and there was a face-to-face interview with another politician about him. Even though it is a tribute to the politician who has passed on, I can't help but also feel the bitterness that the interviewee has for the one that passed on because some negative comments were made e.g. comments which hinted that he is not good with managing people etc. Of course, nice words were also spoken but then can still sense the bitterness.

Moments later, another programme, "True Courage", came on. Now, my family would usually be watching channel 8 during this time but somehow, no one changed the channel and here I am watching this episode of "True Courage" on the story of Neivelle Tan, a notorious gangster in the days of early Singapore turned pastor.

The story is inspiring and spoke of how God has changed his life. Remember he mentioned how he ridiculed a pastor when he came to minister to him but at a later stage, when he was locked in the dark room, he develop a fear for closed spaced and prayed. He was eventually released from the dark room. There was also a scene which mentioned how he was trying to find the verses to a hymn that he sang in school but angrily threw the bible on the floor when he couldn't find it, only to find the bible open on the page with the lyrics to the hymn that he was looking for.

Inspiring true story.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ya, that true courage episode was really inspiring. God work wonders. God bless!

8:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!