.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

 

Valentine's Day

Listen to this article Listen to this article

V Day
I don't really feel much about Valentine's Day every year; to me, it is just like every other day. But this year's V Day seems to feel a little different...

Everyone seems to be going somewhere or was holding valentine's day gifts. Everyone seems to be all dressed up, smelling good, looking good and were walking hand-in-hand with their partners... Now I understand why some singles just hate Valentine's Day, can be quite depressing. But anyway, I don't hate V Day (just don't really have a very good feeling about it this year, kinda lonely kind of feeling) and all I wanted was to good home to sleep... had a very tiring day today and by day's end I just wanted to go back to nurse my throbbing head (from all the multitasking throughout the day).

Finally Doing Something to Care for Herself
Had received news from my former colleague that she has finally tendered her resignation. That places seems to really have become quite chaotic and with all the work she is taking in, I just find it amazing she is able to cope till now (she is taking on 2.5 person's job). Anyway, I am happy that she is doing something for herself because she is always thinking about others, to the extent that she may neglect her self-care.

I am seriously getting more and more disappointed with my former workplace that things have not seem to gotten better since I left... Anyway, chatted on the phone with my ex-colleague yesterday and we really missed the old days when we worked hard with one another... We had our clashes of working styles in the beginning but we had both adapted to each others' style and we agreed to be genuine and frank with one another whenever we are unhappy. What followed was 1.5 years of wonderful working relationship.

Studying God vs Studying Satan
At staff devotion today, my colleagues asked me about how I was progressing in my work with my friend in cult. I shared that I have not done much as yet because I kind of stopped reseraching on cults due to overwhelming work. A dear brother-in-christ helped me put things in perspective and reminded that rather than studying the devil, we should focus on ministering with God's love. It is true after all... why am I studying the devil rather than the word of God... thanks brother for reminding me :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!