.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Saturday, February 11, 2006

 

Crazy & Eventful Week

Listen to this article Listen to this article

This whole week has been real crazy; too many things, too little time... almost pulled my hair out...

Apparently, I haven't been able to come in and blog and so will just summarize major happenings for the week in one entry. Here it goes...

I am a Listener
I have always lamented that I am so quiet when in the midst of people but then this week somehow helped me see that maybe God wants me to be a listener... throughout the week, 3 persons came up to me and shared their struggles and well, I listened. Surprisingly, I gained strength from their sharing because I learnt that everyone, even the outspoken ones, also have their struggles and want to connect with people. Although I can do nothing much, I am glad that I am able to lend a listening ear and also connect at a deep level with people. In a way, I feel honoured that these people choose to share their inner world with me. If this is indeed a gifting from God then I hope to really put it to good use.

Barbie Dress-Up Party
Sometime in the week, I found myself amidst many barbie dolls. I joined my female colleagues for a barbie dress-up lunch party. Don't get me wrong, I don't play with barbie dolls but was there to cover a story on staff volunteers because these colleagues of mine has decided to knit clothes and doll-up the donated dolls for the thrift stores. It was extreme makeover, "barbie-style".

On another note... saw a police patrol car at the thrift store on Saturday when I went to visit my volunteers. Apparently, someone was trying to steal from the thrift store. Now who steals from a charity? But then again, the fact that he/she targetted a charity could mean that he/she was probably in a bad financial situation.

God's Grace
This week, staff devotion was on God's grace, a nice little paragraph that speaks so nicely on how we are saved, made alive and are created for doing purposeful things:

Ephesians 2:1-10 says:

1. As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins,

2. in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient.

3. All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our sinful nature and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature objects of wrath.


4. But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy,


5. made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.


6. And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,


7. in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus.


8. For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—


9. not by works, so that no one can boast.


10. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.


Staff Appreciation Dinner
This is a major project handled by my department. and the whole committee spent almost the whole day on Friday decorating the multipurpose hall where the dinner was to be held. But by the end of the day, we were so happy with the decorations and with jazzed-up old Chinese songs playing in the background, it really seemed like old shanghai. When staff started to come in in their old shanghai dressing... it was just picture perfect...

By the way, silly me misplaced my wallet yet again... apparently, I left my office in such a hurry, I locked my wallet and palmpilot in the office drawer. So later when I realized that I didn't have them with me, I panicked. Blessed that my colleagues helped me to check my drawer when they returned to office and voila, there it was sitting in my drawer... muddle head muddle head.

As our officer closed the dinner in prayer, my colleagues received news that we won lottery :) Thank God even though it was just a small sum.

I Will Survive!
Was having a late lunch with a friend at Hans @ Great Eastern Building on Saturday and as we left the place, we saw this bird hopping about on the road in front of us. The traffic light was turning green soon, which means cars will be coming the bird's way. It almost seen like a gone case for the bird. I think the bird was injured because it did not take off even though it had many close shaves when the traffic came its way; it jusy kept hopping. The whole "stunt" lasted for almost a minute and it was miraculous that the bird made it across the road unharmed because some of the cars were nice enough to slow down when it came near the bird... Thank God! Managed to take a picture of the bird...


Can you see the bird? Sorry, a bit blur...


I thought the bird is deadmeat liaoz...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!