.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, February 19, 2006

 

Having a Hangover

Listen to this article Listen to this article

Sleepless in Singapore
My whole weekend seemed to have gone by in a flash... and I had to nurse a "hangover" from a lack of sleep. Had cell group on Friday and by the time I got home from cell, it was like 1am Saturday morning. Managed to catch a 3 hours' wink before waking up again at 4.30am to send a friend off to US for a vacation. Had I known, I would have stayed in the East since I was like in Pasir Ris the night before and had to travel back to Changi Airport again within a few hours... Even though in the end I missed some 5 hours of sleep, I spent a whole weekend nursing that hangover... compounded by the fact I had a hectic week.

A Frugal Life
I haven't been splurging but somehow feel guilty that I am not saving much per month. Now, where did all my money go to? Anyway, was going through my personal finance over the weekend and was like trying to strategize to make full use of available resources. Was also "psycho-ed" on Saturday to open a Standard Chartered eSaver's account.

Anyway, since the person told me that there was no minimum deposit, no minimum balance, no minimum period to keep the money in the account, that the account offers a higher interest rate than conventional savings account and they will also give me the first dollar to start up the account, so I thought: "Why not?"

As expected, they tried to market their insurance-linked savings account and everytime I said "no", they kept saying "if you are serious about it, you will not hesitate to sign up for this". Thinking back, I don't need this kind of guilt trip. Anyway, am glad in the end my friends came to "rescue" me and I left a happy owner of a new bank account with $1 in it :)

I have also started to dig up all the rewards programmes I am part of but somehow have not "cashed-in" and redeem my points... In the end, exchanged a couple pairs of movie tickets and a $50 dining voucher... hahaha. So happie! :)

Professional Dilemma
Faced my first dilemma at work. Happened to know that one of my volunteers was involved in a court case. He had recently started to volunteer his services with the hope that his involvement in volunteer work will help with his case. His father called to request for certification of his voluntary service and mentioned that he has come to help regularly. The problem is: I do not visit that centre and hence do not know how regular his attendance has been. Anyway, am just worried because my certification might have an impact on his case. Whatever it is, I am going to check with his volunteer leader on his attendance before I decide how I am going to type his letter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!