.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

 

The Pioneering Spirit

Listen to this article Listen to this article

Hectic days as usual, think I am going bald soon with all the hair-pulling. Doesn't help that I am preparing to go for my In-Camp Training and trying to clear all my outstanding work and preparing for work coverage during my absence (since I wasn't keen on 2 weeks of work piling up and pouncing on me when I return).

Blessed Achievements
Was reflecting back and realized a lot happened over the last 4 months in my job. The 4 months seem to have been forever and I have learnt so many things and also achieved many things. Despite being new to the field of volunteer coordination, I find it surprising that I was able to achieve so much within 4 months and I owe it only to God for all that He has granted to me... from establishing workflows, developing forms, getting volunteers for projects, creating templates, creating publications, developing simple databases, compiling statistics and reports on the volunteer programme... I can only feel guided along the way and being provided for; God has sent the right people along the way to help me, provided me with the wisdom to understand things and blessed me with things happening in the right place at the right time... It is not possible for me to achieve so much in 4 months based on my own ability and I really thank God for that.

Breaking New Grounds
Just returned from a meeting with a few other volunteer programme managers who would like to set up a new association for volunteer programme managers in Singapore. It is really excited and indeed an honour to be among pioneers helping with the establishment of a new organization. That to me is a real challenge. However, I do hope I am not getting myself into more work with this involvement because we are looking at a real tight schedule of getting the association registered and launched in July this year... Just hope I did not make the wrong decision (and end up bald). :)

Things Gotten Worst
Anyway, just learnt yesterday that my ex-colleague has decided to leave my ex-organization... It would indeed be a great loss because now the organization, which used to have 10 staff, is now down to 3. It really seems like things are really chaotic and I shared with the director, in the capacity of a member, that I am concerned (getting worse after I left and not better) and in a way disappointed at how things have turned out... I can just pray things will get better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!