.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, February 20, 2006

 

God Watching Over Me

Listen to this article Listen to this article

Remember I was somewhat given a calling to minister to a friend who was in a cult? Kinda "slacked" over these past few weeks because was quite overwhelmed by work and many other things, so somehow didn't really do much recently after the research on cults.

Anyway, my friend recently called and asked if I wanted to meet him for dinner someday. I had earlier prayed for guidance from God on the matter and since God gave me the opportunity, I said yes; thinking it would be a good opportunity for me to meet him and maybe even to minister to him, hoping to be able to get him out of the cult.

But little did I know that he brought another friend along (someone who has been with the church for a long time) and they were in fact trying to minister to me... But I thank God for watching over me. They had wanted to show me a DVD showing the life of the cult leader but somehow the laptop's DVD drive didn't work. They had wanted to take out the bible to study but given that we were in a Turkish restarant, it would be religiously a little sensitive to bring out the bible and as such the idea was abandoned.

Anyway, I observed something about the people in the group and realized that they looked rather different. Not sure if it is psychological but then sensed that there is a very heavy kind of feeling in them and they all somehow looked burdened...

Anyway, I thank God for not only watching over me but also giving me "advertisement time" and gave me the opportunity to minister using my testimony. For me, the opportunity came when I was asked what made me go back to church and I shared the dramatic circumstances that has brought me back and also how God has not only saved me by His grace but has also continued to bless me continually at work. I don't know why but I just talked at length about my testimony and they just listened. I had remember what my brother-in-christ reminded me; that we should not spend time studying the ways of the devil i.e. studying the cult etc but in knowing the word of God and using it to minister to them. As such, I prayed before going for the dinner and I believe God gave me the "airtime" and used me to minister.

Anyway, they had also tried to talk to me about their leader / bible study teacher and shared that their leader Joshua Jung has been given a calling by Jesus to bring salvation to the people through bible study. Mentioned that their leader has read the bible 3000 times and has a good and accurate understanding of the bible and thus was able to teach the proper interpretation. My friend's friend even spoke about how their bible teacher was, for example, able to correctly interprete the story of Joshua and how the sun and moon stopped and say that conventional Christians would have taken it as that; that the sun and moon stopped and will be asked to believe it in faith. According to the group's interpretation, God has stopped time rather than stop the sun and moon since God is also a God of Science and could not have done something against science.

I have also tried to find out how they saw their bible teacher e.g. do they see him as a prophet etc? No direct answer was given to me (although research on the net shows that the cult's bible study suggests that he is Jesus). They told me some see him as a teacher, some see him as a lover, some see him as a prophet etc.

What ever it is, I have confirmed that the group is the same cult that I have been researching on; the leader has the same name, same face, the organization also reach out to others through something called GACP and uses soccer etc to reach others etc.

I thank God for watching over me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Thomas WH Tan said...

Hi bro, glad to hear that God turned the situation around so that your friends heard your testimony instead of the other way round. Cheers:)

11:48 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord~!
Amen.

2:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!