.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, April 13, 2006

 

The Day Boss Gave Us Eggs

Listen to this article Listen to this article

Eggs For You
Today, Boss bought us each a huge pie... She has been talking about how good the pie is and finally I got to meet face-to-face with the pie :)


As she was distrbuting the pies, Boss mentioned that the pie was a token from her, firstly for Good Friday (tomorrow) and to also thank us for the work we have done so far (also jokingly mentioned that it is also to reward us for the work we are going to do henceforth). The pies were so big and had six "domes" popping out which is actually the eggs... simply sumptuous!

There was this "priceless" moment which made the whole department laughed and laughed and laughed... we ate chicken rice yesterday and she called chicken rice
"鸡-rice". So today when she saw the pies, she got so excited and called them 鸡-pie (sounds profane)... hahaha does really sound very nice but unintentional.

I always appreciate my Boss whenever she appreciates her staff. It is really a good feeling to be appreciated and to feel that all the hard work you have put in has not been in vain. Of course, I do not work to get praises but then ad-hoc gestures of appreciation do help to motivate me further. So far, I am really happy to be working with this Boss of mine who I find to be a genuine and nice person (though I have heard bad one or two comments about her from other people) but so far she seems like a nice person to me.

Social Workers' Day
With the pie in hand, I went to attend a meeting in the evening with my Boss. This is the first Association meeting I am attending since I left them as a staff last year. Though I had been disappointed in the past with the Association, I have recently decided to renew my commitment to the Association as a member of the Social Work profession to help see it through. It turned out to be a wonderful meeting and I can't tell you how thrilled I was to find so many like-minded and passionate people coming forth to help plan the inaugural Social Workers' Day next year. Finally, I feel that things are starting to move and am so so glad to be part of the planning committee. Without surprise, I soon find myself involved yet again with another commitment to handle the media story coordination and publicity... hope I will be able to pull it through (sometimes kick myself for taking on so many "extra-curricula activities").

Reunion
The rest of the night was spent as a sort of reunion with my social work classmates whom I have yet to meet for such a long time... realized so many of us are still in the field (yeah!) and some have apparently done well. Had one who became a head of a centre and assistant director of the organization, a couple who had been on TV before and also one who had a radio talkshow. The rest of the evening was just spent on catching up, joking, grousing and yes... talking about social policy and their impact on our clients (sighhh... occupational hazard).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!