.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, April 10, 2006

 

Long Walk Home

Listen to this article Listen to this article


Shoeprint by Plusverde

I took a long one and half hour walk home today. I was just upset by something so much so I had been feeling very down the whole day... decided that I needed some time to myself to sort my emotions and thoughts out and so decided to take a stroll home... It was a long long walk but for once I felt undisturbed and really had time to take in the sights and sounds around me, not thinking about work or any other things that upsets me... Several times along the way, I found myself having a dialogue with myself and God... asking "Why me?" Towards the end of the walk, I just made a decision:

Others have a choice to make my life a misery but I have the choice to also allow it to upset me or just to walk away...

From this day forth, I shall live my life no longer for anyone; I will not allow anyone to make me upset and miserable... I have the right to choose not to be made upset by others and walk away... Why even bother?

I shall live my life for God and for his glory and honour... I am saying this not so much to say that I will take the offensive and "bite back" when someone bites or even to the effect of "biting back" even before someone bites me, but I will choose to just walk away...

I have always cared so much for others so much so I am hurt ever so often so why bother since no one appreciates?

This I have decided...

1 Comments:

Blogger dodo said...

Oh... poor codfishy! Who had made u so upset? People at work? Just remember this phrase that i've come across in poly and remembered it till now. "Happy happy also one day. Sad sad also one day. So why not be happy and pass the day?" Its really our own decision to be happy or sad for the day. Just remember, whether u happy or sad does not affect the person who affects ur mood. It only affects yourself. I hope u noe wat i mean. Really hope to see the happy and jovial u again. Enjoy urself tonite!:)

2:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!