.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, January 13, 2006

 

Major Problem!

Listen to this article Listen to this article

Peak Hour "Sandwich"
I really hate people who are inconsiderate! I repeat: I really hate people who are inconsiderate! Was on course today so had to travel to Tanjong Pagar in the morning, which means I will participate in the "Shenton Way Symphony" again... being part of the CBD peak hour crowd, going "clitter clutter, clitter clutter".

As usual, the train was jammed-packed and as I try to board the train, I notice this gargantuan lady leaning against the grab-pole, depriving others the opportunity to grab hold of the pole. Her massive body was like all over the pole, leaving no space for people to hold onto the pole, all this time reading her book! For goodness sake, be considerate! People need the pole! The train is crowded and you do not own the train, we all paid for the ride! What if the train makes an emergency stop? You would have caused injuries because people will just lose their balance easily without holding on to the pole!

OK, that's not the end of the story. So on my right is this lady leaning on the grab-pole and just in front of me was this young lady who just refused to make way for people to alight! She was standing near the door and as the train pulled up at a station, there were people who wanted to make their way out but was somehow blocked by her... I think the most considerate thing might be to gracefully step out of the train for a while to allow people to alight. But, no... she chose to not only not budge but also squeeze in the opposite direction to grab a seat!

So there I was, standing in between these 2 inconsiderate ladies... one reading her book, depriving others of "grab-space" while another was like trying to push her way through, brushing past me, literally causing a jam. Oh bother! Why me? Kena snadwiched by these 2 people!

God forgive my lack of patience with these 2 people.

For every action, there is a rationale: An Anecdote
Went for training on developing volunteer policies and a volunteer handbook today and heard a good anecdote used by the trainer. The trainer was trying to illustrate how sometimes we do something without really understanding the rationale for doing it; practising "monkey see monkey do"

There is this little girl who observed her mother cook a piece of ham. As the mother took a knife to cut off the ends of the ham before putting it into the oven, the little girl asked: "Mummy, why do you cut the ends away?"

Mum replied: "Well, girl, this you have to ask grandma as this had been how she had been doing it all along..."

The little girl approached her grandma and asked: "Grandma, why do you cut off the ends of the ham before baking it?"

Grandma replied: "Oh you see girl, we used to be poor and could only afford a small oven. Hence, we have to cut off the ends of the ham so that it would fit into the small oven".

Lunchtime Tour of Singapore
We had a long lunch and since we were in the vicinity of URA, we decided to drop-by to visit the exhibition on the development of Singapore and the usage of land.


Model of Singapore.
You can see Sentosa in the foreground.

The black thing around your feet? What you call that? Shoes! Yes! Shoes!
I have no choice, have to buy new shoes liaoz because my current leather shoes are wearing down real bad. Tend to drag my feet when I walk so the wooden heel at the back has a piece chipped off with an awkward angle.

Anyway, was walking around the shops and shopping for a shoe and this thought came to me... why the fuss? I really didn't know what I am looking for... all the shoes serve the same function and look almost the same; black black. If you don't know me, I tend to be a person who is totally clueless about such things, just like how I tend to find all cars look almost the same. No wonder I always have problem shopping... Anyway, in the end bought a pair of shoes from Hush Puppies... this will be my new year and new work shoes... Bye bye, old shoes... time for it to retire.

I think I have a problem
I think I have a problem. I have grown all shy and am always so quiet amidst people I always do not know what to say to them... always fail to strike up or even sustain a conversation. Constantly feel that I am a real boring person to be with.

*siren* irrationality @ work here *siren*

I always envy people who are always so extroverted and can literally strike up a conversation with people and are always such fun to be around... At first, I realized that I am like that at work, with my new colleagues and volunteers but increasingly, I find that I am also like that when with old friends... nothing to say when we come out. What happened? I can only think that maybe after coming out from a bad experience with my friendship last year has really affected me so much so I can't bring myself to trust people easily anymore. I also tend to not be able to express myself verbally that well as before now... will always speak softly and somehow have my words jumbled... signs of nervousness.

What's happening?!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, brudder, not all folks are extroverts, if that were so, they will kill each other just to be heard, & only one man would be left standing - Bill Clinton or Jim Carrey. God looks at your heart, your substance, not your noise level.

Oh, as for inconsiderate people, well, they make considerate people stand out. Aw, that lady standing at the pole, just pretend to fall towards her and she will scuttle away. Try it, someday :)

Thomas Cyberfellowship

4:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo bro, u need to let go of the past. Not everyone is like the "beginning to hate u" guy. Do not let it haunt u and spoil whatever you have now or what is to come. Not everyone is as scheming. Friends are friends. Colleagues are colleagues. There are clear boundaries no matter who you r dealing with. There r of cos genuine people all aound. They r jus as shy or cautious as you are. Let loose a bit and relationships will not be as tensed. Cheer up and look on the bright side. ^.^

My 1/2 cent worth of advice,
From You know who.

8:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!