.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Saturday, January 07, 2006

 

King Kong Golfing!

Listen to this article Listen to this article

Had been some time since I last came in to blog... Funny thing is that I am not busy but somehow just didn't find time to come in to blog. Anyway, I went goofing... I mean golfing today and it was so fun :) (especially since I was golfing in a miniature golf course).

Singapore in 18 courses
Met my ex-colleague in the morning with her daughter and her daughter's friend and we took a cab to Lilliputt, Singapore's first themed indoor mini golf course, featuring 18 Singapore landmarks featuring Changi Airport, Sentosa, Haw Par Villa, Esplanade, Boat Quay, Turf Club etc... Felt like a big King Kong playing golf :) Too bad didn't bring my camera along so didn't managed to get any pictures taken. But managed to get the brochure from their website. Anyway, I almost "tore down" Haw Par Villa cause I hitted the ball so hard that my putter hit the entrance... fortunately it did not collapse :)


Mini Singapore in 18 courses (No, I don't mean 18 course dinner!)
Source: http://www.lilliputt.com

Awkward Lunch
After an hour of hard exercise (I know Lilliputt is indoors and has aircon but somehow golfing not easy ah, was perspiring quite a bit after the whole game :)), I tried to find an excuse to have lunch in a restaurant (because tomorrow is my ex-colleague's birthday and I wanted to give her a treat). However, she kept suggesting going to Haig Road Food Market because she has a craving for satay there :)

Nothing against the food centre la but then I was in long sleeve and had a wedding to attend later in the afternoon, so wasn't really thrilled about perspiring more... also, eating in a food centre would make me giving her a treat difficult because she would always reject one and refuse to let me pay; especially difficult to give her a treat since we have to order from many stalls. Anyway, we compromised and decided to go to KFC at Singapore Post Centre.

As expected la, she struggled with me to pay at the cashier but in the end I won and handed the $50 note to the cashier, my ex-colleague just looked :) Yeah, hahaha! Then suddenly someone tapped my shoulder... Turned around and there standing in front of me is the same committee member who I used to report to in my previous job and who had dinner with me with the friend who "was beginning to hate me"; the dinner which started everything going downhill and eventually led to my resignation. I just couldn't believe that he was standing in front of me, ordering food as well. How concidental can it get? There were 2 cashiers and there I was struggling with my ex-colleague to pay at 1 counter and there he was at the other counter ordering his food... and there was no queue.

My ex-colleague then invited him to sit together with us. I sat beside him. He seemed to have lost weight and was relatively quiet. I was quiet too. I mean, the matter has passed and it was last year but then I still sometimes feel hurt and guilty as well. I had worked rather closely with this boss and felt guilty abandoning the project. But I also felt hurt because of some incident that occurred towards the end of 2004 and he accused me of "misleading" someone else in the commitee (read the entry dated 12 Nov, this committee is the person called "G"). Anyway, he left soon after finishing his lunch.

Stop Calling Me!
This is really getting on my nerves... I have this friend whose young son keeps playing with her handphone can somehow like to call my number... Usually the frequency is low but today I received some 6-7 calls from her phone! Got me quite irritated! I mean, some parents ought to really teach their child what can be done and what cannot. A few calls are OK but so many calls a day?! Arggghhh!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!