.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, December 25, 2005

 

Gifts from Above

Listen to this article Listen to this article

"O, come let us adore him, O' come let us adore him"

The Most Valuable Gift
Yup, today is Christ's birthday! My favourite time of the year and this year's Christmas is especially meaningful to me because I have received a wonderful gift from God; my life has been miraculously transformed over just 2 months... I am indeed happier now and takes a more positive view of life. I can't explain this but I am really experiencing much peace and joy nowadays. On this day when God gave us his only son, I also give thanks for this gift of peace and joy from my Heavenly Father.

Wonderful Christmas
Christmas wasn't much joy over the last 2 years because of some problems experienced in a friendship, which has nonetheless ended recently. This year's Christmas, though simple, holds a lot of meaning to me. This Christmas also saw the biggest "harvest", hehehe... received the most gifts this year :) So happy (hahahaha like kid like that).

Meaning of Christmas
Today's Christmas service yet again reminded me of the REAL meaning of Christmas :) I have learnt that God sent his son:
  • For salvation and forgiveness for our sins:

    John 12:47 47"As for the person who hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge him. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save it.

  • To give purpose and meaning to life:

    John 8:12
    12When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

    John 10:10 10The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

  • To give hope that our names will be found in the Book of Life when we return to Him
Sharing the Joy of Gift
Later in the evening, met with the same gang of friends, who celebrated Christmas together yesterday at the hotel, for a simple dinner at the 24 hours Xinwang Hong Kong Cafe and later, a cuppa coffee at Serangoon Gardens Coffee Bean...

Haha, the "birthday boy" (whose birthday is the day after next) also brought his birthday gift from us, a remote control car, to "play play".


Our birthday gift to our friend; A car!! :)
Photo taken on Coffee Bean wooden table
with a bit of graphic touchup

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!