.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, December 16, 2005

 

Laughter Therapy

Listen to this article Listen to this article

Smooth Chick'
Yesterday, colleague brought me to a place at Braddell where they sold nice chicken rice... the funny thing is that I have always passed by that place on my way to college and did not know they sold chicken rice there. Surprisingly, the place was not packed even though the food was good... the rice was fragrant and soft and not oily like some chicken rice. The chicken meat tasted tender and juicy. However, lunch is a bit on the expensive side... about $11 each.




Was too busy eating and didn't managed to take photos
So here's a few photos, taken by yayapapayaz.com

Mass Slowly Transit
Sometimes I just feel that Singaporeans are just too uptight and are getting more and more impatient with the hectic lifestyle... Was making my way down to Clarke Quay for a reunion with my xinyao friends but the whole journey took me 1 hours instead of the usual 30 mins. Why? There seem to be some track problem or problem at Dhoby Ghaut station so we were all made to alight at Toa Payoh station to board another train.


Source: www.smrt.com.sg

Combining passengers from 2 trains during peak hour was a real challenge and I guess the frustration of having to wait amidst a big crowd for a train that took forever to come, having to squeeze into a train which was quite full to begin with and having to deal with the constant stopping of the train, interrupted again and again by the PA announcement that "the train has been delayed due to a track fault" almost drove some people nuts. Even when the train moved, it was like moving 20km/h and in the background, I could hear this lady telling her son "they are just trying to drag for time... so slow!". Around me, you can see people taking out their handphones and calling their friends and family to inform that they will be delayed due to train delay. You can also hear sigh and verbal expression of frustration throughout the whole time...

I was also quite annoyed by the delay but was not overly panicky about it. This contrast really helped me see how sometime we are so caught up with our hectic lifestyle that we get so irritated so easily. Though a tiny bit frustrated, I also took the time to take a rest and "enjoy" the ride.

Xiao Ding Dong!
I was very xiao! yesterday and was laughing so loudly like nobody's business. Had been a long time since I last met this bunch of people and there was this humourous guy who kept making me laugh and laugh and laugh till I cried and perspired and couldn't stop... seriously. Have never laughed so hysterically for ages and I think some of my friends who have never seen me laugh like that before will be shocked and think whether I am a permanent resident of "Hougang Chalet". For instance, I was trying to reach for some fries with my fork and he went: "stop forking the fries" and I laughed and I laughed and I laughed non-stop...

Generally the reunion was a simple one... we gathered together, talked about old times and sang some songs. It was a bit quiet initially but when the songs sheets and the performance booklets for our performances in 1995 nd 1996 were brought out... everyone started talking and recalling things.

Celebrating Work Achievement
Today, I felt a bit lazy but nonetheless has finished working on the volunteer management last quarter report and submitted it to my boss. Within 2 months, I have referred out 600 over volunteers to our various centres, was in discussion with 5 new corporate volunteers about having their staff come in to join our volunteer team, completed the volunteer management budget for 2006, reviewed and proposed refinement to the volunteer management workflow, brainstormed volunteer management ideas, thought through the structure of the electronic volunteer management system, created forms and rather successfully completed my first volunteer management meeting. And all these while being blessed with both successes and lessons along the way... I have come a long way and should pray that I will be able to sustain the momentum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!