.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, December 11, 2005

 

Day of Bonding

Listen to this article Listen to this article

Have been trying to plan a reunion for my xinyao group and a particular song keeps "ringing" in my head... a song which has been written by our xinyao seniors and performed by us.

回想起

回想起 那已不知何从的往事
仿佛令人感动的故事
琴声里 找到了被遗忘的过去
还有那写满你我的回忆

人生只不过是一首不知名的曲
其中充满了许多短暂的相遇
相聚的喜悦 感受在心底
别离的无奈 只能深深的叹息

Bonding with Cell Group Mate
Today, I got to know that a paticular cell group mate happens to have the same MBTI personality type as me. I don't really talk to him often because he seems to be a real extroverted person and always seems to know what to say and how to say it. He is a real funny person. But today, this friend of mine came to me to ask for some advice on his career and through the conversation, I found out that he has the same MBTI personality type as me and this knowledge is so powerful because we soon got talking to one another and was able to relate to each other and our experiences.

For the first time, I felt at ease talking to him and that I was connecting with someone. Anyway, got to use a little of my "counselling skills" which I have neglected for a long time.


Definition of Success
Today's sermon was on success. In short, it spoke of the need to not base our definition of success on the world's definition but by how much we possess and display the characteristics of God-likeness. Learnt a few new worship songs:

With All I am
By: Hillsong United

Into your hand
I commit again
With all I am
For you Lord

You hold my world
In the palm of your hand
And I'm yours forever

CHORUS
Jesus I believe in you
Jesus I belong to you
You're the reason that I live
The reason that I sing
With all I am

I'll walk with you
Wherever you go
Through tears and joy
I'll trust in you

And I will live
In all of your ways and
Your promises forever

CHORUS

I will worship I will worship you forever


CHORUS

My Hope
Words and Music by Darlene Zschech

You are righteous
You love justice
And those who honour you
Will see your face

I will arise and lift my eyes to see
Your majesty
Your holiness
And all I am will bless you

My hope is in the name of the lord
Where my help comes from
You're my strength, my song
My trust is in the name of the lord
I will sing your praise

How Great Is Our God
Chris Tomlin

VERSE(1):
The splendor of the King, clothed in majesty
Let all the rejoice, all the earth rejoice
He wraps himself in light, and darkness tries to hide
And trembles at his voice, and trembles at his voice

CHORUS(1):
How great is our God, Sing with me
How great is our God, and all will see
How great, how great
Is our God

VERSE(2):
Age to age he stands and time is in His hands
Beginning and the End, Beginning and the End
The Godhead, Three in One
Father, Spirit, Son
The Lion and the Lamb, Lion and the Lamb

CHORUS(1)

CHORUS(2):
Name above all names
Worthy of our praise
My heart will sing how great
is our God

CHORUS(1)
You are faithful

Bonding with Colleagues
Had a department gathering at a colleague's house today and we had BBQ with so much food... fries, fried chicken drumlets, fried cereal prawns, bbq cereal prawns, otah, fishballs, satay, bbq chicken wings, mashmallows, hotdog, beehoon, apple salad, potato salad, mushroom kebabs, chin chow, curry etc. Was so full but I guess the most fun thing is getting the chance to meet everyone's family and children who are all so cute and innocent. But as usual, I am most of the time quiet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!