.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, December 19, 2005

 

Of Christmas Gifts, Shopping and Blessings

Listen to this article Listen to this article

Pace of work was slowing down and I could get a little breather. In fact, was getting a little lazy and not wanting to do much during this period, think maybe am in Christmas mood liaoz :) after all, Christmas is my fav time of the year.

Boss Gave Us Fruits
Sat into my department meeting the first time today and boss gave us all a "Fruit of Faithfulness" plaque. Can tell that my boss really care about her staff. Although she has once told me that she keeps her distance from her staff, I can see her trying to bridge the gap between boss and staff, especially recently when she got angry about the staff BBQ thingy. Anywaym real appreciate her for her gift and for remembering us. My plaque was an orange and was on faithfulness:
"We are not among those who draw back and perish, but among those who have faith and will possess life" Hebrews 10:38
Put the plaque on my desk. Now, my desk is starting to look more like a cosy work desk with many decor items and accessories. Previously, it was bare and empty (I even lost my in-tray and it became like a joke in my department because my boss did put an in-tray but somehow it disappeared and she thought I did not like to use in-trays and hid it :)).

Mass Mailing Christmas Blessings
Since I wasn't really in the mood of doing much and having finished all my urgent work assignments, I started to look through my emails to compile a list of email addresses to send Christmas ecards to. After all, being a volunteer coordinator is not only about work but also about building relationships with all; former, current and even prospective volunteers all the same. Spent the whole morning going throug what must have felt like 2000 over emails to compile the list and sent out about 800 over ecards in the end. Achievement!

Christmas Toy Shopping
Went Christmas shopping along in City Hall area and was shopping around for toys. Must have been a real long time since I was amidst shelves and shelves of toys... the process of shopping was so fun itself and I was like so tempted to buy so many toys for myself hahaha... Also shopped around for inspiration for Christmas gifts for my colleagues. Since I do not know them that well and could not really afford getting everyone a gift each, I again decided to pack my own sweet "hampers", just as I had did for the past 3 years... bought boxes of brownie, chocolates and other sweets and bought those cloth type of gift wrap for the "sweet hampers".


O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree


Christmas Toys

Who I Passionately Hate!
On my way home, I encountered this teenager boy who had an empty seat beside him but somehow refused to move in to make room for someone else to sit, despite the bus being crowded. I could understand if he was carrying lots of stuff or a big bag and had chosen to sit on the outside so as not to inconvenience others when alighting but he had nothing at all. I think I now know who I passionately hate and that is those kind of people who are just not self-aware and becomes a nuisance to others...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!