.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, December 18, 2005

 

A Father's Love

Listen to this article Listen to this article

Woke up with aches everywhere because had just started to do exercise again after having stopped for so long... it gets so painful that everytime I move my joints, it hurts and the muscle aches... ouch!

I have heard a nice and meaningful song this week and liked it so much. Here's the lyrics:

Deeper In Love
By Don Moen


There is a longing only You can fill
A raging temptest only You can still
My soul is thirsty Lord
To know You as I'm known
Drink from the river
That flows before your throne

Take me deeper
Deeper in love with You
Jesus hold me close in Your embrace
Take me deeper
Deeper than I've ever been before
I just want to love You more and more
How I long to be deeper in love

Sunrise to sunrise
I will seek Your face
Drawn by the Spirit
To the promise of Your grace
My heart has found in You
A hope that will abide
Here in Your presence
Forever satisfied

Emmanuel - God with Us
This Christmas, I am starting to learn more about the true reason for Christmas and will never see Christmas in the same light again. Today's sermon was on "God with Us" and how God has continued to find ways of beng close to us and had eventually sent Jesus, his only son down to us to die on the cross for our sins so we may be pardoned for our sins and be close to God again. Christmas celebrates this gift from God and the birth of Jesus Christ, who is also named Emmanuel (i.e. God with Us).

In the evening, I decided to go watch the musical by my organization which is a story based on the parable of the Prodigal Son. This musical meant more to me since I was like the prodigal son, who have left home but have not returned. I was lost but now am found. Although many of the actors and actresses were inexperienced, the story was captivating enough to bring up tears. At the end of the musical, they also showed a video clip about Dick Hoyt and his son Rick. Rick has suffered from cerebral palsy since birth and has one day expressed to his father by typing away at the computer with a stick from his head to say that he desired to take part in a triathlon.
"The spark for this lifetime of patience and devotion was ignited in 1977. The teen-age Rick asked his father if he could participate in a five-kilometer (3.1 mile) race to benefit an athlete paralyzed in an accident. Dick agreed and pushed his son the entire distance in a jerry-rigged chair...For that event, competitors have to swim 2 1/2 miles through the ocean and then peddle a bicycle 112 miles before running a hilly, 26.2-mile marathon.

In the triathlon swim, Rick lies on his back in a rubber raft attached by rope to a wetsuit vest worn by his father. In the bike portion, Rick sits in a chair attached to the front of Dick's bike, and on the run, Dick pushes Rick in the race chair."

~ http://www.cnn.com/US/9911/29/hoyt.family/
They completed the race and someone commented to the father that had he not have to race with his son, he might have won the race but the father responded that without his son, he wouldn't be in the race. This true story spoke to the great fatherly love and the extent to which a human father will go for his son. In the same way, God has sent his only son to suffer and die on the cross to save us from our sins... what more could I ask for?

Carolling in Dialect
Had my first carolling practice with my cell group and you know what?! We are singing in dialect! Hahaha... had to really get someone to sing the song and all of us diligently noted down the pronunciation of the words. A real challenge indeed but fun!

Dim Sum Galore!
Right after the muscial, we met another friend and had a dim sum feast at Changi Village!




On top of the World:
Serene Night View from Rooftop, Changi Meridien

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!