.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

 

I Have a Confession...

Listen to this article Listen to this article

Hahaha, have a confession to make... remember I once had 霸王餐? Well, I did it again... this time, I took 霸王车 :)

Do not know why but ever since I came back from In-Camp Training, my work seems to be getting more and more overwhelming... OK, I can feel the griping coming...

I am just so tired nowadays; no matter how much rest I have had, it is just not enough... At any point in time, I can have some 20-30 things going through my mind. Counted my projects, I have some 20 volunteer projects on hand to handle in addition to many other individual volunteers to interview, meetings to attend and reports to compile and prepare, all while handling the endless stream of phone calls and emails coming in day after day, disrupting my flow of work again and again. It is just getting so tiring...

Which explains why I even boarded a bus today without even tapping my ezlink card; was deep in thought when I boarded... only realized when I tried to tap my ezlink card when I alighted... So ultra embarrassing!!

But if you ask me if I am happy at my work, I will say I am... Just yesterday, I met someone who is the head of a centre. He was kind of surprised that I left my previous workplace. He told me that his centre is expanding and he is looking for an executive to take charge of programmes and volunteers; asked me if I am keen and if so he will let the board know when he table the new position for consideration. Although it wasn't some top position but it always feels good to be "sought after" :)

But at the back of my mind, I was telling myself "Nope, I will not accept the offer la... am extremely happy where I am; am happy with the work (though stressful) and the people I work with". It is the little things that my colleagues do that really make me appreciate them. Just 2 days ago, I was preparing for a volunteer fair and had to photocopy and staple a few hundred copies of my application form and newsletter. Seeing everyone was busy, I just sat myself quietly in one corner stapling my papers. But soon my colleagues found out what I was doing and all "swamped" over to split the load... hahaha in the end I ended up with nothing to staple and just stood there to watch... Really nice people...

Although am happy but I still need a break, so today just applied leave for June and will be looking forward to going on a trip to unwind...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!