.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, April 24, 2006

 

Learning Prudence

Listen to this article Listen to this article

I have learnt a lot from my fellow colleagues and saw how everyone did their part to keep cost down in my organization. What impresses me a lot is how everyone I have worked with in this organization understands that we must keep beneficiaries in mind when drawing out from the fund for official expenditure...

For example, my colleagues will travel by the cheapest possible means to Malaysia for work even if it means waking up early to catch a budget flight to their destination or if they have to take coach and/or rail. Even some of the furniture which we are using are also donated...

Somehow, I caught on this culture, so much so that I found myself staying in Popular for a very long time last week, when I was buying stationery, scouting around for the most economical buy and maximizing the dollar. I just cannot live with the fact that every extra unnecessary dollar I spend is a dollar taken away from the care of beneficiaries... just didn't want to live with the guilt... dun understand how one can anyway. Nowadays, travel is also limited to bus unless really necessary e.g. carrying bulky items.

Again, I became quite annoyed with myself for being so uptight with people... I just find that whenever I am around people, I am just so uptight and fail to open up to them... There are just some people and colleagues who I cherish a lot and want to connect with them on a deeper level as friends but somehow, I am just not able to... this is so annoying...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!