.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, May 21, 2006

 

Sweet vs Bitter Weekend

Listen to this article Listen to this article

Sweet Sweet Love
I was treated to a sweet sweet experience this weekend; being able to witness the holy matrimony of 2 of my CG mates...


Being the videographer has somehow given me to "ticket" to catch the action closeup since I was"licensed" to do so. This is also the first time, with my trusty camera, I experimented with angles and zoom (not to say that I am well-versed in videography but just feeling adventurous), focusing on capturing the magic and emotions of the moment... From my camera, I just sense so much love...

I have attended many a wedding but none as sweet as this one where I can sense the love and joy literally "oozing" out of the couple.

Bitterness in Life
Life is full of ups and downs and almost like a reminder after experiencing the sweetness yesterday, Sunday's sermon reminded me of bitterness in life and did force me to reflect how I would react to such bitterness. Sometimes, life deals us with such a bad and fatal blow, it becomes very very hard to accept it. But Job presented a lesson of relentless faith; his faith in God remain true despite having been struck by misfortune that literally took everything from him. But yet, when chastised by his wife to "curse God and die" so he could avoid all the suffering, he responded: "...shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?..." (Job 2:10)

I am thinking that to some, they may feel puzzled; they may feel that some Christians are foolish; using this "trials are good for us as God knows best and want us to grow" attitude in the face of adversity, just to just feel peace. Some may shake their heads in disapproval at this kind of "meekness".

I speak for myself as I can see the peace of mind I have after coming through a bad patch last year; I see the difference before and after I "let go and let God". One thing is for sure: life is more meaningful now (though there are some things that can be better) and I have grown significantly throughout the last few months after returning like the prodigal son. "Letting Go and Letting God" does not mean you lie passively and let God run your life but having the peace of mind knowing that God is with you. I shall always remember my favourite scripture:

Jeremiah 29:11 says "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

James 1:2-4 also says "2Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. "

Adversities are necessary to help you grow. I received something meaningful from my friend quite some time ago on lesson we can learn from a cocoon.

Being a Christian doesn't mean you will not face trials and adversities but you will have the peace of mind and assurance to face it because you know that God is with you, just as Psalms 23 says "The Lord is my Shepherd".

Here's a refreshing look at Psalms 23 I received from another friend.

Darlene Zschech's "To You"
Heard a nice worship song today but can't seem to find the lyrics.

First Time in Many Months
Remember the "friend who was beginning to hate me"? Well, he has been asking me out for dinner several times but so far, did not manage to come out, either because I already have prior arrangements of the timing wasn't right i.e. too late. I must also admit that I am a bit lost whether I should meet him because it will be awkward. So far, we have been communicatin through SMS and everything seems OK. But today he called me... I wasn't that prepared to talk to him on the phone and figured I might have sounded a bit "hostile".

(Postnote: The next day, I smsed him and apologize for sounding hostile and did share that I might have sounded so because I just wasn't prepared. Guess I might still just be comfortable with communicating through SMS for now).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!