.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, May 28, 2006

 

Touched by the Spirit

Listen to this article Listen to this article

The End of the Desert
I had been feeling as if I was in a "spiritual desert" lately, for quite some time now, and was becoming rather concerned about me "just going through the motion". I remember the special feeling I felt in the months I came back to Christ late last year; as if touched by the Spirit and I could really see how God was at work in various aspects of my life.

Today, I felt touched yet again and could sense great gratitude for the grace I have received welling from within as we sang praise and worship songs... it was such great gratitude that was strong enough to bring tears...

Deep Gratitude to God
I also thank God for working with a friend and when she told me that she is visiting us in church today, my day just brightened; it really made me so glad to see a fellow sister-in-christ coming back to join us...

I just love praise and worship because I am a man of little words (those who know me knows that I am always a very quiet person) and I love to express my praise and gratitude to God through songs, meaning every word I sing...

Peter, who denied Christ 3 times on the day he was arrested, later wrote (1 Peter 2:22-25):
22"He committed no sin, and no deceit was found in his mouth." 23When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly. 24He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed. 25For you were like sheep going astray, but now you have returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls.

Worship Songs
To be reminded of what God has done for us:
  • Divine Exchange
  • How Could I Live
  • At the Foot of the Cross
To be reminded of hope in God:
  • Hosanna
  • Unto You
  • Thank You for the Cross
To be reminded of God's Love for us:
  • When God Ran
  • So You Would Come
To praise God for his wonderful work:
  • How Great is our God
  • Give Thanks
Committing back to God:
  • I Offer My Life
  • Here I am to Worship
  • To the Ends of the Earth
  • Deeper in Love
To be reminded of what it means to worship God:
  • Heart of Worship
Try this Experiment
They tried this at service today... give it a try:


Stare at the four black dots in the center of the image for 30 - 60 seconds. Then quickly close your eyes and look at something bright (like a lamp or a window with sunlight coming through it). You should see a white circle with an image inside it. (Source)

Who do you see? :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!