.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, July 27, 2006

 

It's Fine Fine Dining

Listen to this article Listen to this article

Went fine dining first time today. Yet another "first"; my colleagues always say that I have many "firsts" ever since joining this organisation. Maybe I had been leading too sheltered a life :0)


.| Union |. by clix

Anyway, went "Petals" to celebrate one of my colleague's birthday and the whole evening was quite an experience... not only did I experience fine dining for the first time... the whole group was quite entertained as well.

"Petals" is this fine dining place that is manned by hospitality students. While the food wasn't fantastic, the service was wonderful considering that the students really put in a lot of effort to make sure you have a good dining experience. No where else will you find someone who bows down almost to the same level as you to take your order nor will you find people paying so much attention to make sure that you are comfortable and to check if you needed any help. (Picture "Waiter" by keb)

Since they were all students, we took their "boo boo"s relatively easily because we recognize that this is a learning journey for them. Nonetheless, rather than complaining, we just (as discreetly as possible) laugh over the mistakes. For example, there was this once when they served my friend the right dish but served me the wrong one. Rather than going back to change the order, they attempted to take my friend's right from under her nose to give to me... should have seen the look on her face :)

Then halfway through while dining, one of the waiters came to ask me my name... for sometime, I was puzzled why they asked my name (though I kena blasklisted or something) but later when I saw the whole group of waiters walking towards me with a cake singing "happy birthday", it daunt onto me that they thought I was the birthday boy... It was so embarrassing I kept my head low and kept pointing the other direction to the correct birthday boy. Good thing they realized the mistake and quickly changed direction to my friend... hahaha (Picture "Happy Birthday!" by DeepBlu)

When they were serving the main course, my friend asked for black pepper sauce. And there I was waiting for my main course and suddenly someone came with a whole "oil-lamp" shaped saucer of black pepper sauce and placed it right in front of me... Got the shock of my life, thought my order was just a saucer of black pepper sauce. At that point in time, I really thought that I needed supper after dinner. Thank God, my main course eventually came.

In fact, by the end of the evening, we were already cracking up with all the mistakes. So the final straw came when one of my colleagues was relating about seeing this elderly lady with a (nasal) tube earlier in the day and I interpreted as an elderly lady wearing a tube top, that really sent everyone burst out laughing...

Memorable evening but one thing I must give credit for is that the students really put in a lot of effort in what they did and that really made you feel good dining there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!