.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, November 20, 2005

 

Watch That Step

Listen to this article Listen to this article

Struggled out of bed... think I was having a hangover from my friend's wedding dinner the previous night, never drank so much before and coupled with the fact that I only got home at 4am, I didn't really get to sleep much and was feeling quite "not my usual self" today. But still an achievement waking up! Had previously harboured the thought of skipping service today but didn't feel comfortable with that decision (how could I even...?!) :)

Watch It!
Think maybe I not very alert and also the step wasn't also well-defined, so I sprained my ankle at a carpark just outside church. The sprain came so suddenly and I nearly blanked out... remember seeing white (but luckily not bright lights :)) and almost collapsed... Thank goodness I was near a railing so I leaned against it to support myself while I tried to recover from the sprain... amazed why no one even offered to help but then again, I most probably will feel paisay and not want them to notice me spraining my ankle; remember thinking inside me the moment I sprained my ankle:

"This is so paisay, don't come near me I can manage on my own".

Funny ah, it is not pain I feel first but a feeling of embarrassment. This is really sickening... my physical self having been doing well for 3 weeks now... a while it was flu, then food poisoning and now a sprain... Anyway, friends told me to go see sinseh to fix that sprain but guess I can be a real stubborn person... decided to "wait-and-see". At least the leg is not swollen... Limped my way the whole way back home and slept through the rest of the day to pay back my sleep debt and nurse my hangover... Looks like I will be limping my way around the next few days and I have so much on these coming weeks... work, training, class reuniuon chalets, meetings etc.


Too late...
watch your step by harry_lund (Modified)


Taking Steps to be God-Centered Somehow was thinking: compared to the pain that Jesus went through when he died for our sins... the sprain just didn't seem so excruciating. But of course, it is still hurting now and all I can do is just pray for healing.

Anyway, on the topic of taking the step... just feel that for one to be God-Centered, we need to be focused on 2 things: putting God in the centre of your life (duh!) and worshipping Him in deep appreciation and gratitude for all that has been blessed to you. Especially powerful in times of need when all things seem to be coming down on you, it is important to remember the blessings, ask for directions and thank in gratitude. Easier said than done but can try... life will seem less daunting.

Remembering my favourite verse from Jeremiah 29:11

11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

2 worship songs to remind us of that:

Be the Centre
Michael Frye

Jesus, be the centre
Be my source, be my light
Jesus

Jesus, be the centre
Be my hope, be my song
Jesus

Be the fire in my heart
Be the wind in these sails
Be the reason that I live
Jesus, Jesus

Jesus, be my vision
Be my path, be my guide
Jesus

When I Look Into Your Holiness
Words and Music by Wayne and Cathy Perrin ©1980, Integrity's Hosanna! Music
When I look into Your holiness.
When I gaze into Your loveliness.
When all the things that surround
Become shadows in the light of You.

When I found the joy of reaching Your heart.
When my will becomes enthralled in Your Love.
When all the things that surround
Become shadows in the light of You.

I worship You, I worship You.
The reason I live (The reason I live)
Is to worship You.

I worship You, I worship You.
The reason I live (The reason I live)
Is to worship You.

When I look into Your holiness.
When I gaze into Your loveliness.
When all the things that surround
Become shadows in the light of You.

When I found the joy of reaching Your heart.
When my will becomes enthralled in Your Love.
When all the things that surround
Become shadows in the light of You.

I worship You, I worship You.
The reason I live (The reason I live)
Is to worship You.

I worship You, I worship You.
The reason I live (The reason I live)
Is to worship You.

2 lessons learnt from sermon today:

Sowing Generously (2 Corinthians 9:6-12):
6Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously.

7Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

8
And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

9As it is written: "He has scattered abroad his gifts to the poor; his righteousness endures forever."[a]

10Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness.

11You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.

12This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of God's people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God.

Trusting God's Plans (Matthew 6:33-34):

33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

34
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Golden Pillow
I finally got the chance to buy the 933 golden pillow which is a big piece with curry chicken wrapped inside... but it is not cheap... $10.80 for one loaf (my sister say that with $10.80, we can buy more curry and bread), hahaha but nevermind la, just buy once to try with my family... not bad.


Golden Pillow 933
Picture from http://www.goldenpillow933.com.sg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!