.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

 

Just Do It!

Listen to this article Listen to this article

Sometimes, sleeping over an issue does help. At least, the dilemma I faced yesterday became less so a dilemma today when I woke up (yes, I was still thinking whether to respond to the sms the moment I opened my eyes)... I was thinking: "It does not kill me to respond to the message right?" and so I did... I mean, if things were to get better after this, then good... if not, then so let it be... And so I gave a simple response. Nothing much...

"Run away or not, this is a decision you will have to make"
Just before leaving for work today, I switched on my laptop to transfer a file (which I needed at work) to my portable harddisk. I never will switch on my laptop in the morning because my laptop has retired; I do not use it for work now because I have my own desktop in my office. Anyway, this is a good thing (doing work on a desktop) because if I were to do my work on my laptop, there is a higher tendency for me to work at home because I have my work with me! Now, I have my sanity and life back, because once leave office, I choose to leave my work behind and just focus on rest and relationship (just as the biblical day planner proposed)... healthier in this way.

OK, back to my laptop... I switched it on and saw an email from my friend, who have read my blog entry on my dilemma... she related to me how she also had a similiar struggle and has in a way left her friendship "dangling" ever since. She highlighted to me that whether I choose to run away or not, I still have to ultimately make the decision whether to continue with the friendship. Well, I guess that is true... for now, I am taking the "let's-wait-and-see-how-things-develop-then-I-go-with-the-flow" attitude. A valuable lesson indeed!

Alright, now that the lesson is over, I have to decide how I will put it to practice and frankly, I am still lost as to what to do... I just have to give it a careful thought how I genuinely feel about the friendship.

Psalm 90:12 "Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom"
Today is staff devotion day and we discussed today's "Our Daily Bread" article on "The Right Focus". The article, written by Joanie Yoder (who I come to know to have passed on earlier this year), wrote on how important it is to have the right focus early in our life: focusing on gratitude for Jesus and His gift of eternal life.

Well, it makes sense doesn't it? I mean, as I have mentioned in a previous blog entry, we all have about the same amount of time to live and what matters most is how we use that time given to us. Physically, we can never guarantee a able body without aches and pains as we reach the "sunset years" as we have even heard of able-bodied young people who also fall sick... What we can do is to ensure that we age gracefully, psychologically and spiritually... If you see birth as the beginning of life then life is relatively more full of hope than if you see birth as the beginning of suffering and death... I think that is the secret to life and why some people despite being sickly and frail at their sunset years can remain so still and positive about themselves...

Especially for christians, living a life of gratitude does help as you see each day as a gift and blessing. I myself am trying hard to live this life of gratitude and trying to have a bit of quiet time with God every morning.

And for the first time, I bravely shared my testimony with my fellow colleagues... I shared the circumstances i which I was brought back to Christ after having back-slided for so long and how after returning I have continually see God's blessings and God's grace at work, week after week... (many of which I highlighted in another blog entry). As I was relating my testimony, I could hear my voice trembling (luckily I never did cry or else will be so "malu"). But I do not know why I was so brave today to share my testimony, about me having back-slided but I guess maybe is because everyone were very frank in their sharing of their own experiences which have made me feel safe about sharing.

New Department Pet
Haha, someone today brought a "pet" to the department which has invited many curious colleagues to pop their heads in to have a second look. Someone brought one of those life-size cats that seems to be sleeping serenely and placed it at the waiting area of the department and everyone who walked past the department just wanted to catch a glimpse of that serenity.


Sleepy Kitty

Performance @ Esplanade
OK, typed enough, have to pack up now and make my way to my friend's house nearby for some pork stew and then we will be going together to a T'ang Quartet performance in Esplanade... very cultured hor hahahaha...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!