.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, November 11, 2005

 

You Must Be Happy?!

Listen to this article Listen to this article

Today is a fun day, had been out of office the whole day to help out at a large-scale event involving all the children, youth and elderly beneficiaries under the care of my organization. It is basically a whole day of games and activities and it was fun seeing them have fun...

Having the Best View of Things
I ran about the whole day being the photographer and videographer and like the experience of it because I constantly had to be on the lookout for interesting shots as well as had the permission to watch performances with a good view, since we can stand near to the stage (hahahaha).

Big Boo Boo
I was also in-charged of the welcome party which comprised children, youth, elderly beneficiaries as well as adult volunteers. I was to line them up at a particular time to welcome the VIP, Dr Teo. However, something funny happened. As I was rehearsing with the welcome party, a lady walked through together with our commander, so someone thought that the VIP was here and immediately informed the emcee who got all 700 guests to stand to welcome the "VIP", hahaha happened to be a false alarm. I was caught unaware and was thinking at the back of my mind: "the VIP is here already?! Thought Dr Teo is a "he"?" Ended up is a big boo boo and the emcee apologized hahaha... well at least my welcome party had a good rehearsal hahaha.

"You Must Be Happy?"
Halfway through the event, I received a call from my ex-office. It happens that my new director (who will be reporting for work next Monday) has called me to asked if I am free to meet up to help him understand a bit of the work since I was in-charge of a key project. Despite having left the place, I agreed to meet him after the event (since my ex-office was in the area) because I had put in a lot of effort in my project and hate to see all the effort wasted. I may have left the organization due to great displeasure with my ex-acting-head then but felt I shouldn't be selfish and penalize the organization because of her.

When I eventually arrived at my old office at 5.30pm, I saw the new director talking to my ex-acting head at the reception. My ex-acting head saw me and went to open the door for me but the first greeting that came out of her mouth was:

"you must be happy in your new workplace?!"

I was caught unaware and knew not how to respond. To me, it sounded like a sacarstic remark and I did not want and and did not know how to respond to that. Why must she be so sacarstic? Anyway, my director sensed a bit of discomfort on my side and invited me into his office (away from my ex-acting head) to discuss matters.

To this day, I am still greatly taken aback and affected by her remark. What did she mean when she said that? Why must people be sacarstic?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!