.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, November 13, 2005

 

Giant Elephant Spotted Climbing Up Esplanade

Listen to this article Listen to this article

Spent a good part of my day in City Hall after church service...

Pampering Myself
First stop was Funan and I pampered myself by buying myself a new portable HDD, yoohoo, finally! Bought a 80gb HDD which is slim and now I can easily bring my data around and backup my data just in case my laptop fails on me. Had always wanted to buy a HDD but now feel a bit guilty since I have spent quite a bit (on medicine, food and entertainment) this month. Next month must be frugal a bit.

Me, Walking Tourist Information Counter
Not sure why people kept approaching my friends and I for help... There was this chinese nationals who approached us to ask us where they can find city hall and I had to struggle to explain to them in mandarin that there is no landmark called city hall and it referred to the area since some important civic buildings such as the high courts, parliament house are found there. Next, a family approached us for help with their video camcorder because they did not know how to record with it... and much later, we were also approached by another family on tour to help them take a photo... hahaha, hard work being the walking "Tourist Information Counter". Oh by the way, caught an interesting sight of a giant elephant climbing the walls of esplanade...


Giant Elephant Spotted Climbing Up Esplanade (Back View)


Giant Elephant Spotted Climbing Up Esplanade (Side View)

Finally Got to Eat @ Makansutra's Glutton Bay
I had previously marked Makansutra's Glutton Bay (just beside Esplanade) in my Google Earth but have yet have the chance to eat there... However, was quite disappointed when I was there... nothing much really appealed to me and the food seems to be so-so.

We reached there a little early, at about 5.20pm and some of the stalls were not even opened yet. We hung around until some eventually started business and after much deliberation I bought myself a plate of Fried Hokkien Prawn Mee... the aunite was friendly when she took my order (seriously I expected them to have bad attitude since some stall owners will become so proud since they enjoy good business). Generous serving of big red prawns... later we also bought a couple of chicken wings and friend carrot cake to share. The carrot cake (black type) was nice and sweet...


Glutton Bay @ Esplanade


My Friend Hokkien Mee served in opei leaf


Sharing a plate of fried carrot cake and chicken wings

A Touch of Korea
Finally, we ended up chilling out at "People's Say" cafe in Marina Square which is a korea theme-cafe. They have these LCD TV in the centre of the cafe which showed korean MTV, nice cosy environment. They have this sunday promotion which gave you a cup of coffee with every purchase of cheesecake. I spent $5 for a slice of walnut cheesecake and a cup of Frech Vanilla Frappe. Not bad.


My Walnut Cheesecake

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!