.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

 

Draggy Day

Listen to this article Listen to this article

Almost died... today is a draggy day... Why? Well because my mood was somewhat dampened in the morning so the rest of the day was like ruined.

Actually it is no big deal... just same old me at work again; always being a perfectionist and having high expectations of myself. Have struggled with this issue for quite some time now and have always been trying to keep expectations of myself in check but sometimes just not successful.

What happened was this: my director came to me in the morning asking me about a certain phrasing which I have used in a publicity material that I have drafted. I had based this on older publicity materials done by the previous person in my portfolio and since it was OK to be used in the past, I presumed that it is OK. However, it was not OK and my director came to ask me to rephrase a particular statement, given the current level of public confidence and sensitivity to charities. See, no big deal right, especially since I wasn't reprimanded, just told to change and submit a copy to the PR director for comments? But somehow, I was upset with myself for not being careful enough and the fact that I forgot to send a copy of publicity material to the PR department...

Then later on in the day, I put in a spot. I was supposed to do a talk to a company which is keen to get its staff help out in our organization but being new, my director suggested that I get help from a fellow PR colleague to go with me. But somehow my colleague thought that it wasn't necessary. Hate this kind of feeling when I am lost... However, somehow she saw that I was lost and said: "well if you would like me to be around this time, I guess I can come along as well." phew!

Later in the day, another colleague asked her staff to approach me for help in allocating volunteers to her but the problem is, I am serving the whole organization and cannot show favourtism by only allocating volunteers to her centre. Tough trying to balance people's expectations of me.

When I was about to make my way back home, I realized it was raining heavily outside... wow... it rained so heavily that many parts of the road were flooded... even walkways become like "long kang" (drains) with water gushing (yes, no joke, gushing) down the steps of the walkway...


See the walkway becoming a "longkang"?

Now watching "Tong Xin Yuan", sighhhh, think don't know how many fishballs "died" in this show... the whole show you just see fishballs being smashed onto the floor... fishballs being stepped on etc... poor fishballs.


Source: www.cg-dreams.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!