.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, November 18, 2005

 

Night of Prayer

Listen to this article Listen to this article

Call was a little different today; our cell leader could not join us today and so she has left instructions to my fellow cell members on how to structure the cell this evening... very funny, can see everyone so lost and at times there was silence because no one knew who was to do what the next moment, hahaha we all laughed about it over supper after cell...

Prayers Answered
We all started cell today by talking about the time when we were so need of help and had our prayer answered. Everyone shared and I came to know about how one of my cell mates had got into trouble earlier this year because he had indirectly caused the death of someone in a car accident... this did come quite as a shock because he seem a cheerful person but no one knows deep inside him, this is weighing down on him a lot, even till this day.

His testimony has also helped me opened up and for the first time, I shared my testimony with the cell about the circumstances how I came back to Christ. Except, I was more emotionally stable this time round (unlike on Tuesday when I can hear my voice trembled when I shared my testimony with my colleagues at staff devotion time). I spent some time sharing about:
  • the dramatic circumstances that brought me back
  • how sermon messages seem to always be so timely in helping me with struggles I had
  • how things have just fell into place nicely, how despite the fact that I wanted to leave th social service sector, God has blessed me with a wonderful job and has continuingly bless me at work... even till this day (I wouldn't have dared take a job in a Christian organization in the past given that I backslided but all just came so timely... the job offer and me coming back to Christ)
  • how I am a much happier person now (in just over a couple of months... even pains and aches which has bothered me has gone)
  • how I felt much love again amidst people who care; helping me to nurse past hurts
  • how I live each day with gratitude for God
Praying for Brothers and Sisters
Galatians 6:9-10 spoke of doing good to all:

9Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
10
Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.
and indeed we did a lot of praying for people today; praying for one another, praying for loved ones, praying for christians in other countries who are struggling with persecution.

For once, I openly asked to be prayed for:
  • That my meeting with volunteers tomorrow for an upcoming event will go well
  • That my friend's wedding (in which I am helping with the operations) will go well
  • That I will know how to "behave" in front of my friend who was "beginning to hate me" when I see him at the wedding tomorrow, praying that things won't worsen
For once, I also prayed out loud, nothing spectacular and the prayer was short and succint but nonetheless a good first time try.

Celebrations after Cell
We celebrated 2 of our cell group mates' birthday after cell discussion finished and it seems they bought 2 "cakes" for the 2 guys... one real cake and one "watermelon" cake hahaha (because that guy didn't like cakes). You should have seen his face when he saw that watermelon cake being brought out... he was speechless :)


Watermelon Cake!

After that, to thank us for our wonderful cake, that guy offered to bring us to a "romantic" place but just refused to let us know where... Evetually brought us to the roof top of Le Meridien Changi Village. It is a quiet place where you can catch a breathetaking view of the night sky and the jetty with the outlying islands in the backdrop. You also come in close encounter with planes, which occasionally flying past... very nice place...


Le Meridien Changi Village

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!