.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, November 21, 2005

 

No More Mister Nice Guy

Listen to this article Listen to this article


PY_01 by danzo08
"Cab-Jack"!
On course today, so had to travel further to the West. However, wasn't really in the right state to travel with my sprained ankle; the pain is really killing me.

Anyway, decided that I will take a taxi and went downstairs to hail one. Never did I imagine it was such a torture getting a taxi in the morning... I waited for some 45 minutes, standing by the road, bearing with my sprained ankle. To make thing worse, a few people came and "cab-jack" my taxis a few times and no matter how many times I redialled the taxi booking hotline, I just got an engaged tone. My course starts at 9am and by 9.05am I was still waiting for a taxi. At this point in time, I was the only person standing by the road.

Moments later, a group of indian youth came and stood in front of me. Inside my mind I was thinking: "Don't you dare 'cab-jack" my taxi or you are going to get it from me." Moments later, an empty taxi came along and not surprisingly, one of them boarded the taxi... My blood was BOILING at this point in time after 45 minutes of standing with a sprained ankle, getting caught in the rain, failing to call through to the booking hotline and having at least 2 person taking my taxi... I do not know what came over me but I went over and hollered:


"Excuse me, I believe I came here long before you all did and I do not think that it is a nice thing for you to be taking my cab!"

One of the youths told me that they are in a hurry to go to the immigrations but I told them that I came before them (something which they jolly well know) and that I am also in a hurry, that my course has started and I had been waiting for some 45 minutes with a sprained ankle. In the end, the youths signalled for the youth in the cab to alight from it and I boarded without even looking back. In the end, I limped into the classroom some 30 minutes late.

Thinking back: I didn't know what came over me to have the courage to confront them. They looked like some juvenile delinquents and could have walloped me up.

Preview of Old Age
Sometimes I just feel that we take our youthfulness for granted. Today, I finally felt what it was like not being able to move with haste... with my sprained ankle, I seem to take forever climbing stairs and crossing roads... every move of my muscle felt painful. So never take your able body for granted and while being young makes us more agile and fast, this might not be the case for our seniors.


Anyway, am feeling a bit feverish after my course so am now popping panadol cause I do not want to fall sick yet again... what's wrong with me recently? Ailing body?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!