.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We are all discoverers... travelling the world, learning its truths, its people and its meanings every single day. Grab your backpacks and let's embark on this journey of mine, one that holds a lot of meaning to me... Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

 

Bountiful Day

Listen to this article Listen to this article

Abundance of Work
Today's just like any normal day so I won't bore you with the details... just a typical work day with an abundance of work waiting for me, so much so I was kept on my toes from morning.

Almost screamed out because just couldn't cope with all the multitasking. I must have some 4-5 projects on hand now and have to balance others' expectations of me with my own expectations of myself blah blah blah.

Anyway, maybe the only positive thing is that I managed to clear quite a number of volunteer enquiries today (including almost 20-30 calls) as well as follow up on quite a number of projects and volunteer placements... I know I have lamented on the relatively slower pace of work here but this is really killing me :)

Abundance of Kway Chup
About 10 of us drove out today to Serangoon Gardens for lunch and with some colleague recommending the Kway Chup, I decided to try it out. So I sat with the "Kway Chup gang" and soon the table was filled with plates and plates of dishes from "dao ki", braised pork, egg, salted vegetables etc... wow sinful!

Apparently, this stall seems to be quite well-received and used to be found in Blanco Court. It has since moved here after Blanco Court closed down and after being in Hougang for 3 years and a 30-month sabbatical, it finally re-emerged here in Serangoon Gardens.


Kway Chap: A Teochew dish. Served with delicate flat rice noodles
in special broth. Eat it with a selection of braised pork,
tender stewed pig innards, bean curd, eggs and salted vegetables.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cactus said...

I MISS kway chap. It's one of my favorites. Hey, codfishy, you are tempting me with all your food posts and pictures. :)

4:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get your own free Blogoversary button!